ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Latvia
RESEARCH FIELDGeography › Human geographyGeography › OtherGeography › Regional geography
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/09/2021 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE06/01/2019
Open competition for the selection of doctoral students and candidates within the framework of Project Applications Selection Second Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization”
“Support for the employment of doctoral students and candidates at the University of Latvia”
Project goal – to renew UL academic staff in the study direction “Geography and Earth Sciences” by employing doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates at the University of Latvia.
Project results – 90% of doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the University of Latvia.
Project time period - from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2022, with minimum project participation set at 12 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- doctoral students in the last year of studies at accredited doctoral study programmes, as well as doctoral students, who are Latvian Nationals studying outside Latvia in accredited doctoral study programmes and doctoral degree candidates;
- doctoral students, who have successfully obtained the number of credits required during the first two/three years of studies// doctoral candidates, who have successfully completed doctoral studies;
- participation in at least three international conferences with a presentation/ report;
- at least one scientific article publication;
- English language proficiency C2 level;
- successful doctoral exam in English;
- positive reference provided by the thesis supervisor on the doctoral student/ candidate as a potential faculty;
- leadership traits and interest in UL research and course teaching;
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- The application for ESF funding
- CV – Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions
- Positive reference provided by the thesis supervisor on the doctoral student/ candidate as a potential faculty.
for ESF funding
within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of ESF project "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
Study direction " Geography and Earth Sciences "
third year doctoral student ð
fourth year doctoral student ð
doctoral candidate ð
I hereby certify that upon applying for ESF funding for the project “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization” within the framework of the project application selection round in the study direction “Geography and Earth Sciences”, I will perform the duties of the academic staff in conformity with the academic work, duties, workload and remuneration agreed and defined by the Study direction Council.
ESF funding applicant ____ ____ ____ ____ ____/____ ____ ____ ____ __/
____._____. 20 ____
signature printed name
The data specified in the application will be used by the UL exclusively for the purposes of ESF funding administration.
EURAXESS offer ID: 310646
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.