ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Latvia
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systemsComputer science › Programming
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/09/2021 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE06/01/2019
Open competition for foreign academic staff selection within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
“Support for the employment of doctoral students and candidates at the University of Latvia”
The aim of the Project – to promote the employment of foreign academic staff in the study direction “Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Management, and Computer Science”, thus, contributing to the internationalization, export and international competitiveness of the University of Latvia.
Project results – 30% of the foreign academic staff who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the University of Latvia.
Project time period - from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2022, with minimum project participation set at 6 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- Persons who have been employed in the academic position of any accredited foreign higher education institution during the previous five years;
- Persons holding the doctoral degree in the corresponding field of science or the equivalent field of science;
- Persons who have relevant scientific and academic work experience;
- Persons who can run e-studies Web-based environment;
- Persons who have participated in at least three international conferences with a presentation / report;
- Persons who have published monographs and scientific articles, including in the indexed issues (at least three);
- Partnership or participation in projects;
- Excellent knowledge of foreign languages, especially English, and skills to use it for studies and methodological work.
- Areas of work – computer science and programming, study programmes – study programmes - doctoral study programme “Computer Science” and / or Master's study programme “Computer Science” and / or Bachelor’s study programme “Computer Science” and / or first level Professional study programme “Computer Programming and Networks Administration”.
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- Application – Annex 1
- CV - Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions
EURAXESS offer ID: 309197
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.