ORGANISATION/COMPANYGerman Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › BiochemistryComputer scienceMathematicsMedical sciencesNeurosciencesPharmacological sciencesPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Heidelberg
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCELLENT RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT TO MAKE YOUR NEXT STEP?
Apply for a prestigious two-year POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
The DKFZ in Heidelberg belongs to the leading Cancer Research Centers worldwide and invites applications for eight two-year Postdoctoral Fellowships. We are seeking highly motivated applicants interested in cancer research to work in one of over 100 DKFZ research divisions and groups. As Germany’s largest biomedical research institute, the Center offers exciting opportunities for postdocs in basic, computational, epidemiological, and translational cancer research. Located on the biomedical campus of Heidelberg University, in close vicinity to other top research institutions, DKFZ provides an interdisciplinary working environment that builds on scientific exchange and excellence.
- Join our large international community of postdoctoral researchers
- Make use of state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Full access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
- Manage your own career development with training courses and career support
- Share ideas and meet colleagues in the active DKFZ Postdoc Network
Submit your complete application (in English) as one PDF file via our online application portal. Deadline: September 15, 2019
The following documents should be provided as one single PDF file:
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- One-page statement of research interests
- Copy of the latest degree certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
Further information and eligibility criteria: www.dkfz.de/postdoc
Funding and duration
DKFZ Postdoc salaries are competitive by national standards and are negotiated and confirmed during the recruitment phase should a fellowship be offered.
The fellowships are initially offered for a duration of two years.
Applications need to be submitted in English.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- A qualification equivalent to a PhD or MD is a prerequisite for all applications.
- Candidates should document their successful previous research endeavors with publications.
- The candidates should be at an early stage of their career, having held a PhD for no longer than 2 years.
- The fellowship is not open for internal candidates, unless they have been recruited less than 6 months before the application deadline.
EURAXESS offer ID: 308603
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.