ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Navarra
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Pamplona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765394
Tumour-Treg-Targeting is a collaborative research and training project established to provide innovative and comprehensive training in antibody-based drug design to next-generation scientists in academia and industry in order to enable them to develop the next generation of antibody-based biologicals targeting and shifting the immunological environment specifically within tumours. The project is funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission (2018-2022). More information can be found on the following web-sites: http://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/211530_en.html
On behal of Turmor Treg Targeting- ITN, the University of Navarra as project coordinator, is pleased to announce the recruitment of 5 Marie Sklodowska- Curie (MSCA) PhD positions (Early Stage Researchers). Tumour-Treg-Targeting ITN's consortium is made up by four institutions located in three European Union Countries: Spain, United Kingdom and Netherlands and two institutions from two countries for training and secondments: Netherland and Germany.
The PhDs will be hosted at the beneficiary institutions of the Tumor Treg Targeting:
University of Navarra, Spain (1 PhD position offer at Clinical Immunology department. Supervisor: Dr. Ignacio Melero. He is a full professor of Immunology at the University of Navarra and teaches in undergraduate and master degree courses. His experience as a Ph.D. thesis supervisor goes back to 1997.Dr. Melero has clinical and translational duties, including being the principal investigator in 12 currently ongoing cancer immunotherapy clinical trials. More information at: https://cima.unav.edu/investigacion/programas-transversales/inmunologia-inmunoterapia/inmunologia-terapeutica/inmunoterapia-combinada-cancer-anticuerpos-monoclonales-inmunoestimulantes
Center for Applied Medical Research - FIMA, Spain (1 PhD position offer at Program of Immunology and Immunotherapy). Supervisor: Dr. Pedro Berraondo. He completed his Pharm.D. in Pharmacy at the University of Navarra in 1999 and earned his PhD in drug design, synthesis, and evaluation from the University of Navarra in 2004. Dr. Berraondo carried out postdoctoral research at the Institut Pasteur in Paris. In 2007, he joined the program of Immunology and immunotherapy at the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA). Four Ph.D. students of either gender have been supervised by Pedro Berraondo and currently three graduate students are under his supervision. More information at: https://cima.unav.edu/investigacion/programas-transversales/inmunologia-...
The general aim of Tumor Treg Targeting is to train early stage researchers (ESR) at established academic and private institutions through three research objectives:
- Objective 1: to develop novel biologicals that can target cell populations - such as cancerous cells or specific subtypes of leukocytes - with unprecedented specificity.
- Objective 2: to specifically engage particular cell types of the innate immune system within tumours with applied biologicals in a directed fashion.
- Objective 3: to target known immune-modulating cytokines or known check-point inhibitors directly into established tumours.
The positions are available for a 3-year period and the key tasks as a Ph.D. student are:
- To manage and carry through the research project
- To attend Ph.D. courses
- To write scientific articles and the Ph.D. thesis
- To teach and disseminate the research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- To be involved in departmental and group activities.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in different EU Member States). The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if married). The guaranteed Ph.D. funding is for 36 months (i.e., EC funding, additional funding is possible, depending on local supervisor).
In order to be eligible, each applicant must fulfill the following criteria at the time of recruitment:
- Mobility: At the time of recruitment, the applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work or studies) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Qualifications and research experience: The applicant must fulfill the requirements defined for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs): ESRs are researchers who, at the time of recruitment, have not yet been awarded the doctorate degree and are in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of his/her research career. Applicants should hold an MSc degree (or equivalent) with good grades and good English skills.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and must include the following:
- One-page research interest statement.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Shortlisted candidates will for an interview.
Until positions are filled.
The successful applicants should start the Ph.D. program in September 2019
The selection criteria will be:
- Mobility experience: based on stages at well-recognized research centers.
- Scientific excellence: based on the impact factor of papers, participation in projects and scientific meetings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPharmacological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
In May 2019 for the following PhD position offers:
- 1 position PhD position offer at Universidad de Navarra
- 1 position PhD position offer at Fundación para la Investigación Médica Aplicada
EURAXESS offer ID: 307443
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.