ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Copenhagen
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2018 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
Department of Odontology
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a professor to the Department of Odontology to commence as soon as possible.
The position is unlimited and full-time (part time is also an option).
Information on the Department can be found at http://odontology.ku.dk/.
The position is within the area of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The candidate will be expected to participate in undergraduate teaching of dental students within the subject of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The candidate will also be expected to teach and develop postgraduate courses.
Patient care service at the Department of Odontology and in co-operation with the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Rigshospitalet, the University Hospital Copenhagen relation will also be a part of the candidate’s duties.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to document:
- a DDS, DMD or equivalent degree
- specialist qualifications in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery according to Danish regulations or equivalent qualifications
- research qualifications achievable in a position as associate professor or the equivalent within the subject area
- a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- experience in research management and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- ability to provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organizations. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information please contact the Head of Department Anne Marie Lynge Pedersen, email@example.com, +45 35 32 65 00.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility)
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following:
- Application, including reasons for applying for this position (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae, including list of publications
- Diplomas – all relevant certificates
- Research plan (3-5 pages)
- Publications to be considered in the assessment (max 5)
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (link to portfolio guidelines: http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/)
After expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 21 May 2018 23.59 p.m. CET.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on 24 September 2018.
EURAXESS offer ID: 300852
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.