ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › History of philosophy
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2019 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
The PhD has many research fields - anthropology, archaeology, politics, oriental studies, history and other intercultural connections - that cover a wide chronological lenght, extended from prehistory to modern times. They follow an inter-disciplinary dimension and different methodologies, working together in a whole-crossing way. The PhD aims to form scholars able to play high qualified roles in the Universities, in scientific and cultural institutions, in the private firms, in preserving, safeguarding and promoting the territory and its historical-artistic heritage, both in public and private, by processing and interpreting historical sources, archaeological materials, sociological data, building databases, employing graphic instruments.
Main research fields:
- genesis and development of settlements and cities
- dynamics of territories occupation and economic and cross-cultural interactions between different peoples
- conceptual frameworks: social complexity and ideologies (analysis of theological, philosophical, political, juridical aspects concerning institutions and mobility of social structures)
- symbolic relationship between memory objects;
- philosophical texts, or schools of thought, which are relevant for intellectual history and intercultural dialogue.
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, see art. 2 of the Call for applications
Qualifications and research project evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
Regardless of age and citizenship, applicants holding the following academic qualifications can apply for admission:
a. Laurea specialistica or Laurea magistrale (second cycle master’s degrees);
b. Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento (degree obtained under the previous Italian regulations);
c. Degree granted by AFAM (Advanced Artistic and Musical Training) institutions;
d. Second cycle degrees obtained abroad, recognised as equivalent to those covered by letters a), b) and c) of the present paragraph.
Undergraduate applicants may apply on condition to obtain the necessary academic qualification to be admitted to the PhD programme by 31/10/2019.
- Abstract of the second cycle master’s degree thesis
- No more than 2 reference letters
- Multi-annual research project
- Motivational letter
- Publications in extenso (monographs, articles published on scientific journals): max 8.
- List of the minor publications (conference papers, volume’s chapters, etc.): max 2
- Professional Master courses completed in Italy (1st or 2nd level) relevant to the PhD Programme
- Postgraduate vocational training programmes/specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Thesis defended within the framework of Specialization Schools
- Research activity
- Vocational internships
- Curricular and non-curricular training and guidance internships
- Foreign languages
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
Please, see artt. 2 and 3 of the Call for applications. More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 299945
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.