ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Theology of University of South Bohemia
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in social sciencesPhilosophyReligious sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/06/2018 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › České Budějovice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2018
The researcher is engaged in postdoctoral research in the field of ethics, philosophical theology, or so-called public theology.
Using the methodology of humanistic sciences, especially philosophical argumentation, he/she deals with values, and their anchoring in culture and spirituality in terms of the social relevance of such research.
Outputs of the research activities:
1) Preparation of three publication outputs (expert studies submitted for publication in periodicals indexed in Scopus or Web of Science databases, or chapters in professional books – always in a periodical/ OpenAccess periodic publication);
2) Submission of a standard research project such as GAČR or TAČR Éta, or a research project within a foreign grant agency or foundation;
3) Presentation of two lectures at conferences organised by TF USB and one lecture at another international conference;
4) Organising and conducting two professional seminars for doctoral students of Theology, Philosophy and Charity;
5) Organising and conducting a joint expert seminar for members of the Department of Theology, the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies and the Department of Ethics, Psychology and Charity Work.
The selection procedure has 2 rounds. Candidates' written submissions are evaluated by the Selection Committee. Selected candidates will be invited by the Committee to oral interviews.
Possible start of the job: 1st October 2018
Fixed-term employment to 31st May 2019
The main objective of this mobility is to establish new international contacts and their future development. The post-doc should bring foreign know-how and open up other opportunities for cooperation with foreign research organisations. This, therefore, will be a worker who deals with topics that are interconnecting for TF USB, such as ethics, philosophical theology or so-called public theology, i.e., disciplines that are able to link the fields of philosophy, social work, and theology – the key research areas of TF USB.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEthics in social sciences: PhD or equivalentPhilosophy: PhD or equivalentReligious sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Person selected to participate in this mobility programme called Work stays of post-docs from abroad in the Czech Republic must simultaneously:
1. Be a post-doc, that is, a researcher no more than 7 years from achieving a Ph.D. or the foreign equivalent of a Ph.D. (ISCED level 8);
2. Be a researcher from abroad, who has worked for at least two out of the last 3 years in the field of research with at least a 0.5 job or has been a Ph.D. student (or similar forms) abroad – citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded;
3. Provide publications registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, or ERIH PLUS, as well as publications classified as ‘article’, ‘book’, ‘book chapter’, ‘letter’ and ‘review’ – at least 2 publication outputs within the last 3 years.
- Completed doctoral education in theology, philosophy or social work.
- An excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Person selected to participate in this mobility programme called Work stays of post-docs from abroad in the Czech Republic must submit:
- Diploma (or its validation/attested copy);
- Professional CV with publication references;
- Motivation letter including benefit specification for the receiving workplace;
- Documents confirming activities outside the Czech Republic for at least 2 out of 3 years and / or Ph.D. study (can be proven in professional CV);
- Documents confirming publications registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, or ERIH PLUS, as well as publications classified as ‘article’, ‘book’, ‘book chapter’, ‘letter’ and ‘review’ – at least 2 publication outputs within the last 3 years (it can be proved in professional CV).
- A brief description of research interest and current research
- References from the previous supervisor or head of the workplace or research team leader, where the applicant has worked or is working;
- Documents which prove the passing of an English language exam within a study or a certificate (not necessary if English is applicant’s mother tongue).
EURAXESS offer ID: 298784
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.