ORGANISATION/COMPANYVeterinärmedizinische Universität Wien (University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna)
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/05/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Wien (Vienna)
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20 or 40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2018
The University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna offers a one year locum position for a clinician in Equine Internal Medicine. The successful candidate will be actively involved in the daily activities of our hospital’s Section of Equine Internal Medicine. As the only academic, 24-hour referral facility in Austria, our hospital offers a high and varied caseload. State of the art facilities and equipment aid clinicians in the practice of high standard evidence-based medicine. In addition to participation in in-hours and after-hours clinical services, emphasis will be on teaching activities. The candidate will play an essential role in the practical and didactic clinical teaching of Equine Medicine for undergraduate veterinary students, as well as the supervision of clinical postgraduate students (interns).
The period of employment can be acknowledged as part of the continuing education requirement for the Austrian Specialist in Equine medicine and surgery (Fachtierarzt für Pferde).
* Veterinary Diploma, which allows the Diploma holder to practice veterinary medicine in Europe
* Internship (min. 1 year) in an equine hospital or at least 2-year postgradual professional work experience in equine practice with significant Equine Internal Medicine component
* Two years’ clinical experience in the field of Equine Internal Medicine
* One year’s experience in academic teaching
* Proficient use of German or English (speaking, reading, writing) at C1 level
* Competent use of Microsoft Office software
* Favorable consideration will be given to candidates with ECEIM, ACVIM-LA diplomate-status or equivalent specialty certification (completed residency)
* Favorable consideration will be given to candidates with completed doctoral studies
The position can be either filled by one person (40 hours/week) or shared by two persons. Applicants are requested to state their desired allocation of working hours in their application.
The position can close as early as April 10, 2018, or remain open until filled.
Applications must include the following:
• A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
• Certified copies of relevant qualifications
• Names and contact details of three referees whom we have permission to contact
• A cover letter addressing minimum requirements and desired competencies of the candidate relevant to this position
Interested candidates may direct informal queries to Prof. Dr. Jessika-M. Cavalleri, at email@example.com
EURAXESS offer ID: 298640