ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Sheffield
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/08/2018 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Sheffield
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765704
EuroNeurotrophin is looking for skilled and highly motivated young scientists to be trained in drug discovery and development with a focus on the design, synthesis and isolation of new neuroprotective small molecule neurotrophin mimetics and their assessment using multimodal experimental and computational approaches, as well as their translation towards market applications. The ESRs will be enrolled in Ph.D. programmes and will be employed for 36 months. The consortium comprises 12 leading European research groups and 6 private companies with complementary expertise covering all steps of drug discovery and development.
University of Sheffield (USFD) is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy:
Host Institution: University of Sheffield (USFD), Sheffield, United Kingdom (36 months)
- The ESR positions are full-time with a 12 month duration renewable to 36 months.
- A very attractive salary plus allowances package according to the allowance amounts defined in the rules for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs), EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks (ITN) (http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2016_2017/ma...)
- Network-wide training in advanced research skills and training in transferable and technical skills.
- Local specialist training provided by the host institution.
- Intersectoral and interdisciplinary secondments within the EuroNeurotrophin network.
- International exposure through participation in project meetings and scientific conferences.
H2020 MSCA eligibility criteria: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of his/her host institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, compulsory military service, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account.
Early Stage Researcher (ESR): Researchers who, at the time of the recruitment, have not yet been awarded a doctorate degree and are in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers, including the research training period that would entitle them to a doctorate. Full-Time-Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
Non-research work after acquiring a master’s degree is not counted in the four years of the research career; certificates on the nature of tasks in non-research employment will be requested for shortlisted candidates.
A first selection process will consist of a screening of the application form, curriculum vitae, motivation letter, copies of transcripts and recommendation letters. The short-listed candidates will be interviewed by teleconference/skype by the Local Recruitment Committee of each host institution. The selected candidates will be approved by the Network Recruitment Committee.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Educational background relevant for the chosen position. A master’s degree or equivalent (in the fields of biological sciences or related) is mandatory, or should be obtained prior to the date of appointment.
- Previous research experience relevant to the chosen position.
- Communication skills (to be evaluated in the interview).
- Applicants must have a very good knowledge (written and oral) of the English language.
- Applicants can be of any nationality.
- H2020 MSCA Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account.
- H2020 MSCA eligibility criteria: Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
EURAXESS offer ID: 291664
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.