ORGANISATION/COMPANYFondazione Bruno Kessler
RESEARCH FIELDReligious sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/06/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONItaly › Trento
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
FBK is a private research institute based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. It has the aim of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of seven centers with different research interests (www.fbk.eu /research-centers).
The Center for Religious Studies (FBK-ISR) has as its mission the advancement of critical understanding of the multi-faceted relationship between religion and innovation in contemporary society. We engage with innovation in religion, covering texts, traditions, doctrine and institutions, as well as with innovation through religion in the areas of science, technology, business, politics and the law. The Centre is also committed to experimenting in innovation in religion and through religion in education and social action. The Center is non-denominational and conducts multi-disciplinary research on the phenomenon of religion across the breadth of its articulations. ISR’s researchers cover expertise in the fields of Philosophy, Theology, History, Ethics, Anthropology and Law. Within the Bruno Kessler Foundation, we work together with other centers/units and in particular with the Italian-German Historical Institute (ISIG), the Institute for the Evaluation of Public Policies (IRVAPP) and with the Center for Information and Communication Technology (ICT), in developing joint research and innovation projects.
The purpose of FBK’s Tenure Track program is to offer high-level professionals the opportunity of pursuing a structured career path in order to become tenured researchers and contribute to the long-term strategy of the organization.
Within this framework, FBK-ISR is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, independent researcher in the field of Religion and Innovation.
The successful candidate will primarily carry research aimed at exploring the relationship between religion and innovation. In the context of our mission, we understand innovation as social and cultural innovation and innovation in science and technology, but more generally as innovation in theology, philosophy, politics and the law.
The candidate is expected to:
- Assume duties and responsibilities appropriate to the appointment as may be assigned to him/her by the Director of the Centre.
- Design and carry research projects.
- Design and carry projects in education and social action.
- Present results at scientific meetings and conferences and publish in highly ranked journals and with highly ranked publishers.
- Actively contribute to the life of the Centre in all its aspects, in particular to the interaction with other centers and units in FBK.
- Work closely with the Director and other researchers in specific projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of bids for competitive national and international calls in research and education.
- Work closely with other Centres at FBK and in particular with the Center for Information and Communication Technology
- PhD (successfully defended) consistent with the job description in a highly ranked university;
- Research experience, with significant publications and visits in highly qualified international research centers, possibly with scholarships and/or grants;
- Expertise relevant to research lines of ISR;
- Experience of individual and collaborative research;
- Strong working knowledge of at least two languages including English (certified level or proven experience in English speaking countries) and possibly Italian.
- Experience with design and project management in conjunction with Information and Communication Technologies;
- Teamwork attitude, proactivity as well as organizational skills, ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong working knowledge of a third language.
Type of contract: Tenure Track position leading to an FBK 3rd Level Researcher (R3) permanent contract. The maximum duration of the Tenure Track contract is 5 years (which may be reduced depending on the assessment by the Committee of the candidate’s capacities and skills). If the final assessment of the Tenure Track experience is positive, the selected candidate for the tenure track position will be offered a permanent R3 contract.
Gross annual salary: about 38.100€ per year
Working hours: full time
Start date: Autumn 2018
Workplace: Trento (Italy) - in residence at FBK for five days per week.
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, language course fees. More info about benefits offered to employees can be found at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs.
Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including a publications list
- Letter of motivation, including statement of research interest and proposal
- Two professional references (e-mails and phone numbers)
Application deadline: 5th of June 2018
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.
Candidates who are successful in the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non-selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate will be published on the FBK website following acceptance of the position.
EURAXESS offer ID: 288496
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.