ORGANISATION/COMPANYINL - International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Management studiesEconomics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/03/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPortugal › Braga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
Ref.02.18.07 – Intellectual Property Manager
Employer: Int. Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Contract Duration: 4 years
Job Type: Full Time
Closing date: March 28th 2018, 23:00 (Lisbon Time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Manager who will be the focal point for all IP related issues, responsible for handling the patent full lifecycle and assisting researchers with the identification, protection and exploitation of INL´s intellectual property. The IP Manager will support INL´s business efforts & strategy through the exploitation of INLs patent portfolio.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The IP Manager will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Provide professional support in the identification, patenting, licensing, marketing, and reporting of IP;
- Support on IP protection strategies, risks and opportunities associated with business development transactions;
- Evaluate inventions for intellectual property potential;
- Initiate and manage patent registration processes;
- Prepare, file and prosecute patent applications;
- Develop appropriate commercialization strategies for intellectual property, including identifying prospective licensees through the use of information bases, discussions with inventors, and contacts obtained through industry affiliation.
- Participate in the preparation of IP, Tech Transfer, RTD and service contracts and other commercial matters, advising on IP aspects;
- Prepare non-confidential disclosures and descriptions of intellectual property and related information for potential licensees;
- Liaise with external counsel and services on IP management and prosecution matters;
- Process incoming correspondences internal and external ensuring the IP records remain up to date.
- Develop, present and/or coordinate workshops and/or lectures on intellectual property and commercialization.
The selected candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Business, Science, Engineering or related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years’ qualified experience in intellectual property protection and commercializing technology;
- Proven track record developing IP strategies and managing IP Portfolios;
- High level of skills on understanding inventive concepts, finding the essential features of an invention and developing patent applications and descriptions, especially in the area of nanotechnology;
- Knowledge of the processes associated with filing, prosecution, grant and renewal of IP rights;
- Working knowledge of international legal standards regarding technology transfer and intellectual property;
- Understanding of commercialization process;
- Liaising with external suppliers;
- Experience in marketing and/or business development;
- Experience in developing, incorporating company policies and procedures;
- Experience in Nanotechnology based research within universities and/or research institutes.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent project management skills;
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Decision-making capability;
- High level of personal discipline and integrity.
- English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required.
- Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 286418
Posting organisation offer ID: 111134