RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/04/2018 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Donostia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Nanooptics group at the CIC nanoGUNE (San Sebastian, Spain) is looking for a predoctoral researcher to work on the theoretical description (analytical and numerically) of the interaction of electrons with nanophotonic structures (nanoantennas, 2D materials etc), and compare with experimental results obtained at NanoGUNE and by international collaboration partners. Tasks will also include analysis and interpretation of experimental data. The successful candidate will work at NanoGUNE in close contact with the Center for Materials Physics (CFM), under the joint supervision of Prof. R. Hillenbrand (NanoGUNE) and Prof. J. Aizpura (CFM).
- Full time 3 years contract. Envisaged starting date: May-September 2018.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
- Degree and Master in Physics, (completed before the contract starting date).
- Good knowledge in theory of EELS, quantum mechanics and plasmonics.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Chemistry, Physics/Materials Sciences, etc.).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is compulsory.
- Computer literacy, analytical skills and effective team working.
EURAXESS offer ID: 286395