RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Munich
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Population Genomics Group
at the Department of Veterinary Sciences, LMU Munich, is seeking a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
at the earliest possible date. The full-time position is limited to 3 years with a possible extension. The position is intended to facilitate the qualification of young scientists and offers the possibility to habilitate. Payment is according to salary group E13 TV-L.
The research focus of the Population Genomics Group is on functional and neutral genetic diversity in livestock populations as the basis for sustainable future development in animal breeding. Our functional genomic analyses include the detection of causal mutations behind precisely defined mono- or polygenic phenotypes with regard to production quality and animal welfare as well as domestication research and analyses of genetic diversity in modern and historical samples.
- assistance in current research projects of the working group
- conception and direction of own projects in the research field of the working group including acquisition of funding
- assistance in grant writing
- co-supervision of PhD students
- participation in teaching, especially by offering electives from the own area of expertise
- a PhD in veterinary medicine, animal breeding, wildlife biology, bioinformatics or similar, preferably in the field of animal genetics or population genomics
- experience in (population-)genomic and statistical data analyses
- practical experience in molecular genetic lab work is not a prerequisite but will be an advantage
- experience in publishing in international journals
- fluent language skills in English
- the ability to work effectively in a team
Your workplace is centrally located in Munich and easy to reach by public transportation. We offer an interesting and responsible job with good opportunities for further education and personal development. Equally qualified disabled applicants will be preferred. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are asked to send their application to the following address by April 15th, 2018:
PD Dr. habil. Ivica Medugorac
Online applications are recommended and should be sent to:
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Medugorac via e-mail or phone (+49 89 2180 3310).
EURAXESS offer ID: 286363