ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2018 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We offer full time contract for 24 months within the research project focused on the detailed analysis of the prospects for Beyond Standard Model (BSM) physics studies at the future linear electron-positron colliders, in particular in the experiment planned at the CLIC collider at CERN. The main task of the successful candidate will be to study selected BSM scenarios using results of the full detector level simulation of electron-positron interactions.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 109 of Higher Education Law dated 27.07.2005. (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2016, item 1842 with further amendments).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
We require experience in data analysis in
particle physics experiments as well as in the use of computer simulation
tools. In particular, experience in working with ilcsoft framework, with Marlin, Delphes, Whizard or MadGraph codes would be an advantage. Proficiency
in using standard HEP programming, analysis and editorial tools (C++, CERN
root, LaTeX etc.) is also expected. The candidate should have PhD in
experimental or theoretical high energy physics obtained not earlier than in
Upon starting the contract the successful candidate has to declare not to
receive payments from any other employer nor to receive any other payment from
NCN funds. We expect that the contract should start not later than October 1st,
Interested candidates should submit their applications to
Aleksander Filip Zarnecki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
including the following documents:
- Application for the position required together with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2016, item 922)”.
- Detailed information about the candidate’s scientific career, description of the experience in the research areas covered by the project, information about the completed internships and scientific collaboration.
- List of scientific publications with citation numbers according to the Web of Science database.
- List of conference talks given by the candidate, as well as other presentations and seminars given in research institutions.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- At least 2 reference letters from professors or senior faculty members familiar with the candidate’s achievements. The letters should be treated as confidential and have to be sent directly to the
e-mail address given above.
The documents should be sent in PDF format, with candidate’s first name and surname indicated in the file names. Application for the position should be sent as a scan of the signed document.
The selection procedure will be concluded before June 15, 2018.
The candidate might be asked for an interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty. The candidate will be informed about the interview date as well as about the final selection results by e-mail.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
EURAXESS offer ID: 286345