RESEARCH FIELDEthics in health sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/04/2018 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Cardiff
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2018
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships 2 (KESS2) is a pan-Wales higher-level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the Higher Education sector in Wales.
It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) West Wales and the Valleys programme, by partners from the West Wales and the Valleys areas of Wales, and by Cardiff University.
Stipend of £11,358 per year for MPhil studentships (exact figures subject to confirmation of start date and an income assessment).
Circa £3K per year for consumables, training, travel and small equipment costs.
- have a home or work address in the West Wales and the Valleys (WWV) region at the time of their application for KESS2 funding and their enrolment for the course of study
- a legal right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the KESS2 support, and the right to take up paid work in the WWV region on completion of the scholarship
- classified as a ‘home’ or ‘EU’ student
Eligible students must be able to provide documentary evidence of a home or work address in the West Wales and the Valleys region of Wales at the time of their KESS2 application and enrolment for study.
The West Wales and the Valleys region is made up of the following 15 local authorities:
- Isle of Anglesey
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Merythr Tydfil
- Blaenau Gwent
Applicants must also be prepared to provide proof of identity and income as part of the stipend assessment process. Further details are available from the KESS2 Office.
Please apply to the Master of Philosophy (Social Sciences) with a July 2018 start date.
In the “Research Proposal and Funding” section of your application, please specify the project title and supervisors of this project and copy the project description in the text box provided
Please select “No, I am not self-funding my research” when asked whether you are self-funding your research.
Please add “KESS2 MPhil in Social Sciences and Health: Evaluating the impact of mobile technology in hospitals on patient care management and clinical practice" when asked "Please provide the name of the funding you are applying for."
Applicants for research MPhils at Cardiff University are expected to have one or both of the following:
- a first degree, normally with class 2.1 or higher, or equivalent in a relevant subject
- a relevant Master's qualification or equivalent research experience/ research training.
UK Research Council eligibility conditions apply
EURAXESS offer ID: 286342