ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/04/2018 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The University of Luxembourg is an international, multilingual research University.
Postdoctoral Researcher on project (m/f) in Computational Systems Biology at the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) was created within the Health Technologies Initiative from the Government of Luxembourg as one of the research priorities of the University of Luxembourg. The LCSB is an Interdisciplinary Centre of the University, independent of the faculties and it combines experimental and computational approaches to analyze complex biological systems and disease processes from a systems biology perspective.
The Computational Biology Group (CBG) provides the LCSB with a solid infrastructure in developing theoretical framework for computational modeling on biomedical problems, especially in the area of network biology. The CBG group includes researchers with theoretical, computational and wet lab backgrounds, thereby providing an unusual interdisciplinary environment.
The Computational Biology Group seeks a highly skilled and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher ( m/f) to work on an exciting project that aims at developing a computational framework to design cellular reprogramming strategies:
- Fixed-term contract 36 months
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Employee status (start date: as soon as possible)
- Ref: 50011857 (R-AGR-3359-10-C)
This framework will be applied to establish novel protocols for dopaminergic neuron development in consonance with the interest of our Center in the study of neurodegenerative diseases, especially Parkinson’s disease.
In particular, the selected candidate:
- Shall develop a network-based computational approach, using single-cell transcriptomics data, to model cell populations dynamics and design strategies for cellular reprogramming
- In addition, he/she will participate in the project management and planning, including the supervision of one Ph.D. student and one master student.
- This is a collaborative project with Karolinska Institute, where the experimental validation of the computational predictions will be conducted.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Antonio del Sol
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, physics or a related discipline
- Strong computational skills
- Prior experience in mathematical modelling of biological networks is strongly desired
- A strong first-author publication record in the fields of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Excellent working knowledge in English.
Opportunity to do research into biomedical problems within a highly dynamic research institutions (LCSB) and in collaboration with an internationally recognized partner (Karolinska Institute)
- An exciting international environment
- A competitive salary
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- cover letter mentioning the reference number
- description of past research experience and future interests
- name and addresses of two or three referees
All applications including the document above should be sent online before April 1st, 2018:
EURAXESS offer ID: 285326