ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversità degli Studi di Torino
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesAnthropologyArchitectureArtsBiological sciencesChemistryCommunication sciencesComputer scienceEconomicsEngineeringEnvironmental scienceEthics in natural sciencesEthics in physical sciencesGeographyGeosciencesHistoryInformation scienceJuridical sciencesMathematicsPhysicsTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/05/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Torino
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER754511
The University of Torino, with the support of the European Commission and the banking foundation Compagnia di San Paolo, has launched “PhD Technology Driven Sciences: Technologies for Cultural Heritage (Tech4Culture)”, a new doctoral programme in “Heritage Sciences” specifically focused on technologies applied to Cultural Heritage. Tech4Culture is funded under the H2020-MSCA-COFUND-2016 scheme (Grant Agreement N. 754511).
Tech4Culture aims to create experts able to develop technological solutions for the restoration, the diagnostics, the use and promotion of cultural heritage, with a direct impact on both regional and national research systems.
The project pays particular attention at involving key sectors and companies in the non-academic field and at providing excellent training to PhD students for the acquisition of transferable skills.
Through two calls for application, the Doctoral Programme will attract eighteen transnational incoming early stage researchers by offering them the opportunity to carry out their own research projects, to attend a unique interdisciplinary scientific training, complementary training on soft skills, and to experience short scientific visits and secondment periods at national and international universities, research centres and in the private sector.
The First Call (2018) awarded 8 fellowships.
The present Second Call for Applications to the Tech4Culture PhD Programme offers up to 10 fellowships for transnational incoming early stage researchers. Full text of the Call for Applications, as well as the Guide for Applicants, is available at
Tech4Culture is an innovative, international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral doctoral programme.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity of developing their own PhD research project with a joint supervision (academic and non-academic), while receiving excellent scientific training, training in soft skills and increasing your expertise through national and international short-term visits and secondment opportunities.
Tech4Culture Candidates will join the University of Torino (UniTO), a vibrant community with over 76,700 students and more than 3,800 academic and administrative staff, 27 departments, 34 doctoral programmes and with a long-standing vocation to internationalisation.
Candidates will live in Torino, an historical city and a driven centre of innovation in science and culture. From Roman ruins to contemporary arts, with its more than 40 museums, including the Egyptian Museum, the National Cinema Museum and the Reggia of Venaria (Unesco World Heritage Site), the city has plenty to offer.
In particular, Tech4Culture will offer to fellows:
- a Joint Supervision to implement their own research project;
- an interdisciplinary scientific training both in hard and soft sciences;
- a well-structured training on soft skills with the participation of local, national and international trainers and with a specific focus on development of personal, professional and entrepreneurial skills;
- additional training on complementary scientific skills including seminars, workshops, 3 summer schools, given by UniTO and non-academic partners;
- concrete exposure to non-academic sector through secondment periods for 10 months of the fellowship;
- up to 3 short scientific visits to national and international university and institutes of research. Visits will last from 1 week to 1 month;
- support for Career Development: through a Personal Career Development Plan, supported by Supervisors and Mentors, fellows will be guided in their progress and achievement during the doctoral programme and in their career decisions.
Offered salary and benefits are extremely competitive: the contract scheme provided for Tech4Culture fellows will be the Research grant (“Assegno di ricerca” – art. 22 L. 30/12/2010, n. 240) with a duration of 36 months.
To apply to this call and be eligible to be awarded a Tech4Culture fellowship, candidates must comply with all the following requirements at the date of the call deadline:
- Candidates must hold a Master Degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Candidates must be in their first 4 years of full time equivalent research experience (career break will be taken in account).
- Candidates must NOT hold a PhD.
- Candidates must undergoing under a genuine mobility according to MSCA mobility rule: applicants should not have resided or carried out their main activity (study, work, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- • Candidates’ research proposals must fit in with the research areas of the Call for Applications. Research proposals off topic will be considered not eligible. (Research areas are listed in the Guide for Applicants).
- Candidates must submit all the requested information and documentations through the application platform on T4C website (tech4culture.unito.it).
- Candidates must submit their application by the given deadline.
Further details are available in the Call for Applications and in the Guide for Applicants available to download from the project website: https://tech4culture.unito.it/
The whole selection procedure of Tech4Culture PhD Programme will emphasise the excellence of candidates.
The Call for Applications does not pose any restriction in terms of the nationality and age or any other characteristics of candidates. The University of Torino is an equal opportunity committed employer. The University of Torino strongly encourages applications from women and will ensure that equal opportunities are guaranteed to each applicant during the selection procedure.
For applicants with disabilities and specific learning difficulties, specific arrangements can be made for the interview to guarantee equal treatment. Applicants invited to interview should inform the Management Team of their condition(s) in due time, providing a clinical certificate(s) about their condition(s) issued by the appropriate health care authorities or medical practitioners.
The evaluation and selection procedure is organized in 3 steps:
STEP 1: ELIGIBILITY CHECK
STEP 2: SCIENTIFIC EVALUATION
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
A technical committee will assess the Eligibility Check, while the Scientific Evaluation and Interviews will be carried on by the Scientific Selection Committee. More details about criteria and score regarding the Evaluation and Selection procedure may be found in the Call for Applications and in the Guide for Applicants.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAgricultural sciences: Master Degree or equivalentAnthropology: Master Degree or equivalentArchitecture: Master Degree or equivalentArts: Master Degree or equivalentAstronomy: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentCommunication sciences: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentCriminology: Master Degree or equivalentCultural studies: Master Degree or equivalentDemography: Master Degree or equivalentEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentEducational sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalentEthics in health sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEthics in natural sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEthics in physical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEthics in social sciences: Master Degree or equivalentGeography: Master Degree or equivalentGeosciences: Master Degree or equivalentHistory: Master Degree or equivalentInformation science: Master Degree or equivalentJuridical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentLanguage sciences: Master Degree or equivalentLiterature: Master Degree or equivalentTechnology: Master Degree or equivalentReligious sciences: Master Degree or equivalentSociology: Master Degree or equivalentPsychological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentNeurosciences: Master Degree or equivalentPharmacological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentPhilosophy: Master Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPolitical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 284730
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.