RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/03/2018 05:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Madrid
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
Postdoctoral position in the Project: “Plasma Membrane proteins modulating liver metabolism and mitochondria function”,
The Hepatic Regenerative Medicine Group within IMDEA Food Institute is seeking for a highly-motivated postdoctoral researcher with demonstrated excellence expertise in cell biology and metabolism related to liver diseases.
This position is for 1 year, renewed every year depending on productivity and adaptation to the IMDEA-Food institute.
Ref. PD2018/006. "Postdoctoral Researcher in Liver Metabolism"
Opening date: 23rd February 2018
Closing date: 09th March 2018 (17:00 p.m local time) PDF of the Call PD2018/006-007-008-009-010 (publication date: 22/02/2018) Application form PD2018.xls
Please be aware of the following: Only applications sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and with all requested documentation will be taken into account in the process. Otherwise, the candidatures will not be able of being evaluated and will be rejected
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience abroad related to research in liver physiology and pathology in high rank national and/or international research institutes.
- Track record with studies published in high impact journals.
- Ability to write scientific manuscripts and projects.
- Experience in:
• Experimental mouse models of metabolic deregulation and/or liver disorders and regeneration.
• Isolation of mouse and/or rat primary liver cells.
• Cell culture.
• Quantitative Real Time PCR
• Immunofluorescence and confocal light imaging.
• Cell Metabolism experimental assays.
• FACS and ELISA assays.
• Liver immunology and/or
• CRISPR/Cas9 technology, and/or
will be well considered.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to be able to work in a multidisciplinary collaborative and interactive environment within the IMDEA-Food institute but also with research institutes from Australia and other European countries.
The successful candidate needs to show:
- An excellent oral presentation and writing (in English) skills,
- Excellent organization capacity and
- Significant experimental initiative.
For more information about this position, please check our websit: https://www.alimentacion.imdea.org/careers/postdoctoral-researchers
EURAXESS offer ID: 282942