ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › ProgrammingEngineering › Computer engineeringTechnology › Sound technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/03/2018 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2018
The MTG is looking to hire a web developer to start as soon as possible.
This position will involve working at MTG-UPF in Barcelona to design and develop user interfaces, integrate them to the existing back-ends and provide a lead on front-end solutions for the whole team. The candidate will be specially involved in two projects, Freesound and Music-Critic.
What we offer:
- Work in projects that have a big impact on the creative community all over the world. Freesound has more than 7 million registered users and 50k+ visits per day.
- Become part of a cool community of developers, hackers and music technology enthusiasts.
- Relaxed working environment and flexible time schedule.
- Office in one of the nicest neighborhoods of Barcelona.
ABOUT MTG-UPF: The Music Technology Group (MTG) of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona carries out research on topics such as audio signal processing, music information retrieval, musical interfaces, and computational musicology. It is a worldwide reference on music technology research and has provided several products that have a huge impact to the whole music community; the Reactable, Freesound, Vocaloid... It also has strong relationships with very important companies in the industry like Yamaha, Korg, Native Instruments, Berklee College of Music or Roli.
HOW TO APPLY? Interested people should send a resume as well as an introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3+ years of software development in a professional context.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Ability to work and deliver autonomously while being a part of a team.
- Any previous experience developing in Python.
- Experience on web backend frameworks like Django.
- Previous experience on Web Audio API.
- Knowledge or interest on music technology and music theory.
- Being passionate about writing clean code.
EURAXESS offer ID: 280011
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.