ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCH FIELDEconomicsEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/03/2018 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
A position is available for a Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher to work in the School of Economics at University College Cork. The successful applicant will manage a project under the direction of the Principal Investigator to identify appropriate metrics to measure environmental outcome/impact from EPA licensing and enforcement activities. The project is funded by the Environmental Protection Agency. The Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher will be responsible for:
- Researching and reporting on existing literature and best practice cases from other jurisdictions to identify, assess and document metrics which have been developed globally to assess environmental outcomes form licence enforcement and to delineate best practice and experience in the adoption and use of these metrics.
- Researching and reporting innovative solutions for measuring environmental outcomes from licence enforcement.
- To assess whether EPA monitoring, reporting and enforcement data can provide accessible, user-friendly and internationally recognised metrics from licencing and enforcement activities.
- Detailed econometric analysis to assess whether internationally recognised metrics significantly altered the environmental performance of firms validating their inclusion in instruments for environmental risk assessment, environmental performance and regulatory compliance by the EPA.
- Identification of key economic risks and exposure, and the prioritization of adaptation and resilience actions in response to the impacts and risks identified under a range of climate change scenarios.
- Report on the resilience in environment, economy and society to climate impacts and risks and of the range of responses in Ireland under current & future rates of climate warming to 2050.
- The role will involve meeting and engaging with various stakeholders as well as meeting and reporting to a steering group and EPA committee.
- Engaging in dissemination activities.
- The post is a fixed term contract and will involve some travel to meetings and conferences.
Expected Skill Set
An enthusiastic, motivated person with a high level of initiative, capable of working independently and within a team. The candidate should have fluent English and excellent communication, organization, planning and interpersonal skills.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience and an understanding of meaningful and effective tools and metrics for measuring environmental risks, outcomes and regulatory compliance. A good grounding in data analysis, statistics and/or econometric analysis and previous experience with Stata or similar econometric software would be desirable.
Post duration: 12 months
Salary: €45,089-€47,728 p.a. (IUA Salary Scale)
Project: Environmental Impacts/Outcomes of Licensing Enforcement and Climate Change
For full particulars on this post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-844694-en.html
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Dr. Bernadette Power
Title: College Lecturer
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: 021 4902834
Please submit a short cover letter and C.V. to Mary Maguire, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 4902834, on or before the closing date 2nd March 2018.
Supplementary Information on the Department/Research Centre and the post is available at the following URL: https://www.cubsucc.com/departments/economics/ http://publish.ucc.ie/researchprofiles/B008/bpower
EURAXESS offer ID: 279192