ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2018 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
Display technologies, thin films transistors (TFTs), and next-generation channel materials for flexible or see-through electronics needs alternative oxide coating and formation methods that also allow high electron mobility. Processing oxides from some form of solution-based method at low (<200°C) temperature and the creation of hetero-interfaces, is a promising strategy for high mobility oxide films, and also for dielectrics. This postdoctoral research will generate high impact knowledge and output on electrical and optical characterization of new oxide heterostructures and compositions as TFTs.
This post requires :
- Experience in gated electrical transport measurements on thin films (MOSFETS, TFTs, etc.) and device structures, demonstrated in high impact publications
- Published experience in growth of thin films, analysis, and interpretation of Hall probe and FET electrical data is a requirement
- Proven published experience on oxide channel materials and annealing/doping/composition tuning strategies
Post duration: 12 months
Salary: €36,853-€43,828 p.a. (IUA Salary Scale)
Project Title: Postdoctoral Researcher in Low Temperature High Mobility Oxides for Thin Film Transistor Technologies
For full particulars on this post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-844023-en.html
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Prof. Colm O’Dwyer
Title: Professor in Chemical Energy
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +353 (0)21 4902732
Please submit a short cover letter and C.V. to Prof. Colm O’Dwyer, Professor in Chemical Energy, email@example.com, +353 (0)21 4902732, on or before the closing date 28th February, 2018.
- A PhD qualification.
- Appropriate research experience.
- Appropriate technical competence and accomplishment.
- A capability of working within a project team to achieve results.
- Good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to gaining practical experience working on a research project.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279181