ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Dundee
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/03/2018 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Dundee
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Division of Molecular Microbiology, within the School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee, UK, is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for at least three new members of staff to join us and expand our world-class microbiology research and education programmes. We are looking to appoint to any position on the University salary scale from Principal Investigator, Senior Lecturer, Reader or Professor. A strong recruitment package will be made available to candidates at all levels of appointment. We are especially interested in applications from candidates with research programmes focused in exciting areas of fundamental or translational molecular bacteriology.
How to apply:
For further details and to apply on-line visit: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/jobs
The University of Dundee is a diverse community and is committed to equality of opportunity for all by providing a supportive, flexible and inclusive working environment. We have family friendly policies (including flexible working and childcare vouchers), staff groups for LGBT and BME; and prayer room facilities.
The University of Dundee has received the Athena SWAN Bronze Award (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/about/athenaswan/) which recognises the promotion of gender equality and has made further commitment to advancing inclusive culture which supports and encourages all under-represented groups.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.
- Have a PhD in molecular microbiology or another relevant discipline.
- Run (or plan to establish) a vibrant, externally-funded and internationally-regarded research programme at a level commensurate with career stage. The research topic should complement and enhance our current research expertise.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the supervision, mentoring and training of postgraduate students.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the design and delivery of microbiology teaching at a level appropriate for career stage; for example, by delivery of lectures and/or tutorials on subject-specific topics and supervision of project students at Honours and Master of Science levels.
- Be willing and able to perform limited administrative academic duties as agreed with the Head of the Division and/or the Dean of the School of Life Sciences.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279165