ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/03/2018 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2018
The post-doc will be financed by the NCN project OPUS12 „Structural Determinants of Optical Control of Insulin and Neuroligin Release by Photoactive Protein Ligands” . Main tasks are related to computer modeling of large photoactive proteins having relevance to medicine. The goal is to understand better macromolecules which are used in optogenetics. More specific tasks are related to photopharmacology and possible light-controlled insulin release and search for new ways of inhibiting glioma proliferation. The development of new modelling methods is also envisaged. The research will be conducted in Theoretical Molecular Biophysics Group at the Institute of Physics, and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Modern Technologies, N. Copernicus University, Torun, Poland.
The post-doc will conduct MD simulations of proteins, will build new protein models, will dock photoactive ligands. Results will be scrutinized and prepared for publication. Writing paper drafts will be one of important responsibilities of the candidate. No teaching duties are connected with this position.
Initial contract: 12 month, extendable up to 30 months (total)
Postion open from: 1st April 2018 r.
Enumeration: 6000 PLN per month/ before taxes (ca: 1300-1400 Euro).
We offer exciting work in the active research team in one of the best institutes of physics in Poland. Torun is a charming medieval city and N. Copernicus birthplace.
Selection of candidates is a two step procedure.
Before March 9th, 2018, 23:59 applicants should e-mail (email@example.com) or post (address: Wydział Fizyki, Astronomii i Informatyki Stosowanej Uniwersytetu M. Kopernika w Toruniu, ul. Grudziądzka 5, 87-100 Toruń, Dziekanat; „OPUS12 OPTO application”) the following documents:
- A motivation letter (with address, e-mail, his/her phone number).
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A list of papers and other achievements.
- At least one reference letter.
- A statement that the candidate agrees for using his/her personal data for the recruitment procedure purposes.
[„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych, zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych dla realizacji konkursu i zatrudnienia, zgodnie z Ustawą z 29.08.97 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych Dz.U. nr 133 poz.883”].
Local Selecting Committee will optionally invite successful candidates for Skype (or personal, if possible) interview, to be held on March 12-13/ 2018. Results of the recruitment procedure will be announced on March 15th /2018. The Committee may leave this position not occupied if no suitable candidate is found.
firstname.lastname@example.org (prof. dr hab. Wiesław Nowak, Principal Investigator)
- PhD degree in physics, chemisty or related fields (i.e. biophysics, computational biology, bioinformatics, …) earned within last 7 years ( in year 2011 the latest).
- Record of scientific acheviements in the field of protein modelling/quantum/chemistry or other areas related to the project. Co-authorship of papers in international journals.
- Experienced Linux user, programming skills (Python or other), experience in applications of molecular dynamics methods and/or quantum chemistry.
- Some knowledge on proteins structure and homology modelling. Experience in NAMD/VMD, Gaussian, ligand docking will be an advantage.
- Skills in writing scientific papers.
- Good command of English (written, oral).
EURAXESS offer ID: 279157