ORGANISATION/COMPANYFUNDACIÓN PROGRESO Y SALUD
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/02/2018 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Granada
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Andalusian Public Progress and Health Foundation, a central research support and management entity, under the Regional Ministry of Health of the Junta de Andalucía, seeks to receive applications with interest in applying for grants under the PREDOCTORAL TRAINING IN PFIS PROGRAMME, OF THE CALL FOR 2018 OF THE STRATEGIC ACTION IN HEALTH OF THE HEALTH INSTITUTE CARLOS III.
Potential Receptors Research groups information:
I- Gr. VR– Gene Regulation Group, Stem Cells and Development. Principal Investigator: Verónica Ramos Mejia. GENYO
Research line in which the candidate will work:
Study of acute pediatric myeloid leukemia and development of disease models.
Acute myeloid leukemia is a rare disease that is becoming the leading cause of death in children with leukemia, who are treated with drugs that are used in adults and to which they do not respond adequately. Our goal is to develop new cellular and bioinformatic tools to find more effective and specific treatments for leukemia in children.
In collaboration with Dr. Pedro Carmona Sáez, responsible for the GENYO bioinformatics unit, we want to integrate through bioinformatics analysis the genomic, functional and clinical information that we collect in the project and the one that is available in public databases, with the In order to identify the key signaling pathways in the pathophysiology of the disease, as well as to predict molecules with possible therapeutic effects
Profile of the desired candidate:
- Degree related to life sciences or computer science / statistics with knowledge of genetics / biomedicine.
- Master finished.
- Good academic record. Minimum note 2.5.
- Experience in genomic data analysis (NGS, arrays, etc).
- Knowledge of programming in R and Python / PERL.
- Knowledge of Linux environments.
- Master in Bioinformatics
- Knowledge of MySQL Databases.
- Experience in the use of parallel computing environments.
- Publications in the field.
More information about the research group here:
Characteristics of the grants for predoctoral training contracts in health research (PFIS) 2018:
- The grants awarded will have a maximum duration of four years, during the duration of their stay in the doctoral program. When the trainee research staff obtains the title of doctor or finishes permanence in the doctoral program, the period of execution of the aid will end.
- For more information about the call, you can consult the following link.
Profile searched: Minimum requirements:
Researchers who are in any of the following situations may be candidates:
- They must be able to be admitted or enrolled in a doctorate program, officially accredited, in a Spanish university for the academic year 2018-2019.
Those who are in any of the following situations will not be able to attend the call:
- Have begun their predoctoral training with funding of other grants for predoctoral training through the development of a doctoral thesis that has been granted within the framework of the State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2013-2016 or any of the Previous National Plans.
- Be in possession of the title of Doctor.
- Having previously enjoyed a predoctoral contract for longer than 12 months.
Presentation of candidacies:
Those interested in presenting their candidacy to the Responsible Investigator of the Group described, must do by email (email@example.com), indicating in the subject "PFIS 2018_ followed by the group code (Gr. VR) ", before 2:00 pm on February 16, 2018, including a letter of motivation, as well as the updated CV, indicating the contact information.
The Responsible Investigator of the group will select among the candidatures received, after its analysis, the one that will be presented to the call for assistance described, if applicable.
This search for candidates does not represent a firm job offer, but rather seeks the reception of candidates from potential postdoctoral researchers, who, in case of attending the aforementioned aids, linked to a tutor researcher contractually linked to the Andalusian Public Progress and Health Foundation, and being funded, could opt for a labor contract with that entity. The aforementioned hiring will be subject to the pertinent authorization by the Regional Ministry of Finance and Public Administration, depending on the applicable regulations.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279138