ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/03/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Poznan
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
KEY WORDS: neurological microsatellite diseases, CAG repeats, miRNA, molecular pathogenesis, experimental therapy, RNAi, iPSC differentiation
The application should include the following attachments:
1. Cover letter addressed to the Director of IBCH PAS, with the following statement:
“I hereby give consent to process my personal data included in the offer, for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (Consolidated text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland, 2016, item 922, as amended; and to disclose my name and surname in the "recruitment results" section of the IBCH PAS website)”
3. Copy of the PhD diploma.
4. Track record encompassing the following scientific, didactic and organizational achievements:
- list of research papers, number of citations (excluding self-citations) and the h-index, based on the Web of Science database,
- list of inventions, patents, implementation descriptions,
- information on the previously managed projects or project participation,
- information on the attended research internships,
- information on the awarded prizes and distinctions.
5. Letters of recommendation or contact details of potential referees.
The application documents shall be sent via e-mail, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject line: „Recruitment No. 03/2018”, in the form of a single PDF attachment.
Should applying via e-mail turn out to be impossible, the documents can also be sent via traditional mail, to the address of the Secretariat of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS – Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, with the following note on the envelope: “Recruitment for the position of a Research Assistant – 03/2018”. Please do not send original documents.
The submission deadline is March 12, 2018.
In the course of the recruitment procedure, selected candidates may be asked to deliver a presentation of the results of their previous research activities, including a short summary of a research paper of their choice, related to the relevant research topics.
The recruitment procedure shall be concluded by March 30, 2018.
Employment shall take place in accordance with the provisions of the Labor Code of Poland. Remuneration shall be calculated on the basis of the rates of pay at IBCH PAS, depending on candidate qualifications.
For further details, please contact the Deputy Director for Scientific Affairs,
Michal Sobkowski, PhD, DSc (phone: (+48) 618 52 85 03, ext. 182).
- PhD in biology or related sciences.
- Good command of English.
- Knowledge and skills predisposing to:
- conduct research within molecular and cellular biology,
- work with human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC),
- perform cell differentiation by transforming the human iPSC cells into neuronal cells.
- The candidate should also have enthusiasm for research work, ability to make independent decisions and proper teamwork skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279133