ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/03/2018 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international research facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
In a team of 20 engineers and technicians, you provide efficient and autonomous support services and assistance in electronics to the experimental stations, accelerator complex and laboratories of the ESRF.
You are in charge of missions such as:
- Provide assistance in electronics and instrumentation to experimental stations, laboratories or accelerator teams
- Install and test equipment used or supported by the Electronics team
- Participate in development projects: design of electronic boards, development of firmware for the designed hardware, writing of production and product documentation
- Specify, select and procure any kind of equipment needed to fulfil duties
- Repair or adjust deficient equipment when necessary
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 26–32k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested, please apply online before 11 March 2018.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technician degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in electronics or physical measurements
- 3 to 8 years of professional experience
- Experience in electronic instrumentation and/or control systems ideally for scientific applications
- Skills in design of electronic boards and/or hardware programming languages would be an asset
- Ability to collaborate, work independently, multitask and organise your own work in a methodical way
- Good documentation skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
EURAXESS offer ID: 279132