ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité Bourgogne Franche-Comté - UBFC
RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › AlgorithmsMathematics › Probability theory
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2018 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › BESANCON
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2018
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
We are now accepting applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship (without teaching duty) for the academic year 2018-2019
(starting date : Sept. 1, 2018) in the framework of the ISITE-BFC project NC-Geom-FA (Noncommutative and Geometric Methods in Functional Analysis, see http://lmb.univ-fcomte.fr/I-SITE-BFC).
We are looking for applicants who received their Ph.D. recently (after Sept. 1, 2013) or will receive it until August 2018. The fellow is expected to carry out a research project, at the Laboratoire de Mathématiques de Besançon (Université de Bourgogne Franche-Comté), on the topics of the project NC-Geom-FA :
- topological quantum groups and their operator algebras,
- quantum probability,
- noncommutative Lp-spaces and quantum harmonic analysis,
- coarse embeddings of Banach spaces.
The fellowship provides a salary of about 1.800 euro per month after taxes.
Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2018
Host laboratory: Laboratoire de mathématiques de Besançon, France
URL Host Laboratory: http://lmb.univ-fcomte.fr/
Supervisors: Franz, Uwe (email@example.com)
Recent Ph.D. in mathematics (after Sept. 1, 2013), working in functional analysis, in particular on one or more of the following subjects: geometry of Banach spaces, operator algebras, operator spaces, noncommutative harmonic analysis, and quantum probability.
Keywords: topological quantum groups, quantum
probability, noncommutative Lp-spaces and quantum harmonic analysis,
coarse embeddings of Banach spaces.
Application: Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
2) Curriculum Vitae (may include hyperlinks to your ResearchID, Research Gate Google Scholar accounts).
3) Detailed list of publications (may include hyperlinks to DOI of publications).
4) Letter of motivation relatively to the position (Cover Letter) in which applicants describe themselves and their contributions to previous research projects (maximum 2 pages)
5) Copy of your PhD degree if already available.
6) Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your master thesis supervisor):
Title, Name, organization, e-mail.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact the supervisors.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279108