ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/03/2018 20:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international research facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
specialised in Procurement
You will join a team of 40 engineers and technicians in charge of the design and manufacture of new mechanical equipment for the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines). In collaboration with mechanical engineers and the Procurement Service, you will be in charge of subcontracting the production of mechanical parts used to compose new ESRF-designed equipment. Such parts are produced using a variety of manufacturing techniques including high precision machining, welding and brazing. For each project, orders of high value are placed with suppliers from all over Europe.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Analyse the drawings of parts to be manufactured. Select potential suppliers according to their capacities and the manufacturing techniques involved.
- Establish the procurement timeline.
- Prepare and launch the consultation files.
- Upon the reception of offers, select the best supplier in collaboration with the Procurement Service and the project engineer; prepare the order.
- Follow up the manufacturing process with respect to schedule and technical specifications, including visits to supplier premises.
- Follow up the acceptance test phases.
- Build up a list of reliable European suppliers skilled in the relevant manufacturing techniques.
- Provide expertise in mechanical manufacturing, in purchase projects and in estimating the cost of mechanical parts.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 26-33 k€ and additional allowances may apply (e.g. expatriation allowance).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested, please apply online by 11 March 2018.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS)
- 4 to 10 years of relevant professional experience, resulting in proven knowledge of mechanical manufacturing techniques.
- Sound knowledge of precision machining and dimensional control techniques.
- Good communication, service-oriented attitude with internal users, demanding attitude towards suppliers.
- Well-organised, with an objective-focused approach.
- Good level of English (working language at the ESRF)
EURAXESS offer ID: 279097