RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Optics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/03/2018 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2018
The investigator will be responsible for performing research objectives in project entitled "HANEDA - Holographic Near Eye Display". The aim of the project is to develop a demonstrator of a portable, near-eye display based on dynamic real-time computer holography.
In particular, the researcher will be responsible for:
- Developing the method of the translucent augmented-reality display of images using computer holography.
- Modeling of optical systems.
- Design of optical components
- Participation in the creation of scientific publications.
- Presentingresults at scientific conferences.
- Cooperation within a scientific and industrial consortium.
Work in a young and dynamic team within innovative prestigious TEAM-TECH project with time division between WUT (3 days per week) and PCO (2 days per week).
Excellent conditions for scientific career development.
The candidate must hold a Master's degree in physics or similar science areas. He/she must be during the PhD studies at all time when receiving the scholarship.
Selection is based on the (personal or remote) interview with the best candidates selected based on the sent documents in English or Polish language:
2. Letter of motivation
3. A scan of the MSc diploma in Polish/English (optionally with translation to English from other languages)
4. Proof of participation in doctoral studies in Physics or a similar science area.
5. A scan of the passport (for non-Polish citizens)
Accepted candidate will be informed by email.
The scholarship is 3500 PLN monthly.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
1. High marks during master's and PhD studies
2. Knowledge of issues related to optics and computer-generated holography.
3. Knowledge of optical design software.
4. Ability to work in a team.
5. Knowledge of English.
6. Ability to think analytically, conscientiously perform tasks.
7. Predispositions to research work.
8. Professional title of an engineer and master of physics or related sciences.
The candidate must be a doctoral student at the time of receiving the scholarship.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279046