ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Plant Genetics PAS
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/03/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Poznan
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2018
REFERENCE NUMBERHyperAgro post doc
KEY WORDS: plant biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology
Place of employment: Department of Plant Integrative Biology
Supervisor: dr Franklin Gregory
Goals of employment:
A three-year postdoc position financed by National Science Centre, Poland in the framework of OPUS 13 (UMO-2017/25/B/NZ9/00720) project is available at the Dept Integrative Plant Biology, IPG-PAS in the area of molecular plant-microbe interaction.
The successful candidate is expected to have demonstrated experience in the following aspects:
- PCR, Realtime-PCR, gene cloning
- Exploitation of databases and functional annotation
- Heterologous expression and protein purification
- Protein-protein interaction (Yeast-two-hybrid analysis, BiFC assay)
- Plant overexpression, RNAi/ CRISPR-Cas9 vector construction
- Analytical techniques (HPLC, Orbitrap-MS and related)
- Preparation of high quality scientific articles for publication
The selected candidate will be required to participate in the Institute and Department activities and initiatives, in agreement with the rules of the Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences.
Plant- microbe interatction, molecular biology, Phytochemistry, Proteomics
holidays = 36 days a year upon communication with HR Dept
Employment contract for the lifespan of the project [up to 36 months] - gross salary 10 000 PLN [ca. 2 400 Euro] - ca 6 000 PLN after all deductions [taxes and insurance]
PhD degree in the area of Life Sciences, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
1. Collection of applications .
2. Short list made by the PI of the project based on the formal and merit-based criteria.
3. Skype interview of shortlisted candidates.
4. Ranking o candidates
5. Decision of the Recruitment Committee.
6. Decision of the Director.
To be considered for this position, the applicant should possess a PhD degree in the area of Life Sciences, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
The candidate should be a team player able to work in an international team (www.biotalent.eu), face new challenges and solve problems. Excellent verbal and writing skills in English is required.
- Detailed CV in English;
- Copy/ copies of the diploma(s);
- Two recent articles published as first author in high impact journals;
- Motivation letter (self-presentation describing the academic/professional career of the candidate and documenting the fulfilment of skill requirements pertaining to the position);
- Name and address of two references (Please don’t submit open recommendation letters).
The application must contain the following statement:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my offer to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated August, 29,1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2014 item 1182 with further amendments)".
The application should contain the full set of documents (1 pdf or doc file), which should be sent by email entitled "OPUS13 HyperAgro – Postdoc position" to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org with the copy to email@example.com or by mail to the address: Institute of Plant Genetics PAS, Strzeszyńska str. 34, 60-479 Poznań. The selected candidates may be invited for an interview (in IPG PAS or through Skype).
Announcement of the results: Within 1 month after the deadline for applications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 278874