ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/04/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2018
REFERENCE NUMBER“Postdoc TEAM”
The Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics of the Nicolaus Copernicus University invites applications for a three-year postdoctoral position (adiunkt naukowy) in theoretical/observational inhomogeneous cosmology. A substantial fraction of the successful candidate's research work will be expected to focus on the possible links between inhomogeneous cosmology and dark matter, but s/he will also be expected to develop his/her own original research program.
The postdoc position will be a part of the Theme 3: Theoretical investigation of general-relativistic effective contributions to dark matter fields of the A next-generation worldwide quantum sensor network with optical atomic clocks project, carried out within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science. More information is available at http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/~castle .
- long-term contract (1-3 years supported by TEAM grant, with prolongation option),
- attractive salary (9 500 PLN/month gross),
- opportunity to work in interdisciplinary research department with strong support from astronomy and physics groups within the department,
- position in the professional and dynamically developing international and interdisciplinary team,
- possibilities of foreign internships, trainings, and conference trips,
- collaboration with the best research groups in the world in the field of dark matter detection with optical atomic clocks.
- no teaching duties
- the quality and number of scientific achievements,
- possession of a doctoral degree (or equivalent) in relevant field,
- knowledge of English language.
- a cover letter,
- curriculum vitae (including description of scientific achievements, a description of research aims, and a publication list),
- a scan or photocopy of the candidate's university degree;
- at least one (max three) reference letter(s);
Please include in your cover letter:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
- please submit the aforementioned documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 6 April 2018 with annotation “Postdoc TEAM” in the subject field,
- after preliminary selection a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online,
- expected start date of working is not earlier than 1 May 2018.
- required: a doctorate in astrophysics or a closely related field,
- required: a growing record of publications in observational and/or numerical relativistic cosmology,
- required: scientific software (C, fortran, autotools, git) development experience,
- preferred: research experience in either (i) inhomogeneous cosmology simulations with emerging average scalar curvature; or (ii) numerical modelling of dark-matter dominated galaxy formation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 278463
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.