ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/03/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2018
Project title: Applications of single-photon technologies
Project is carried out within the First Team programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
The research project aims at developing: 1) singlephoton sources and single photon characterization techniques, and their 2) applications in a selection of problems, which have a high potential to be solved using carefully prepared states of photons. Those problems are quantum communication with single-mode fibers and free space link using satellite receiver, efficient entangled two-photon absorption and quantum interference with nanostructures.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Preparing and conducting experiments related to quantum optics and quantum communication
2. Articles writing
3. Working with Msc students
Work in the state of the art quantum optics laboratory
Very good stipend International internships and possibility to present research results at international conferences.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com
2. Motivation letter
3. Contact details to at least one academic referee
4. Confirmation of the student status.
Please include in your offer: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
In case of a successful application, please provide the original documents within a week to the project leader
1. Experience in experimental quantum optics (basic optics alignment, single photon detectors, time resolved measurement techniques, lasers, fibers)
2. Experience in programming in Mathematica
3. Willingness to learn new experimental skills
4. Strong oral and written communication skills in English
5. Willingness to include the research results in the PhD thesis
EURAXESS offer ID: 277732
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.