ORGANISATION/COMPANYTU Dortmund University
RESEARCH FIELDEconomicsEducational sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2018 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35-40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765400
The European Training Network (ETN) Outcomes and Causal Inference in International Comparative Assessments (OCCAM) is looking for
15 Early Stage Researchers (PhD Candidates, 100%)
starting in August 2018.
The successful candidates will receive full-time employment contracts (+ mobility and family allowances) for a period of 3 years at one of the 12 partner organizations. They will participate in a structured training program including network-wide training sessions, research visits, and a secondment.
OCCAM is an international, intersectoral, and interdisciplinary graduate school that will investigate international large-scale assessments in relation to the following topics:
- The Integrity of Educational Outcome Measures
- Educational Settings and Processes
- Governance of Human and Financial Resources and Decision Making
Applicants are expected to hold a Master’s degree in economics, education, psychology, sociology or related disciplines. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with training in quantitative methods.
OCCAM is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie action and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 initiative. It consolidates the expertise from leading universities and research institutes from Australia, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK, and the US. Further information: www.etn-occam.eu; email@example.com (PD Dr. Rolf Strietholt)
- The successful candidates will receive a full-time employment contracts at their host organization for a period of 3 years (36 months)
- Mobility and family allowances (depending on the family situation)
- Participation in a structured training program including network-wide training sessions, research visits, and a secondment
- Mobility Rule: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account. For international European interest organizations or international organizations, recruited researchers must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date at the same appointing organization.
- Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) status: ESRs must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary/host, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Date of recruitment means the first day of the employment of the researcher for the purposes of the action (i.e. the starting date indicated in the employment contract or equivalent direct contract). Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentEducational sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPsychological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentSociology: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Training in quantitative methods and attitude to rigorous empirical analysis
Research interests in international comparative research and international assessments (e.g., ICCS, ICILS, PISA)
Excellent academic record, testified by the transcript of records and, if relevant, by previous re- search output (e.g. scientific publications)
EURAXESS offer ID: 275038