ORGANISATION/COMPANYPLUX wireless biosignals S.A.
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/02/2018 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER722022
As part of an innovative research grant PLUX his hiring a PhD candidate researcher under the AffecTech initiative.
AffecTech is a network funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (grant agreement No 722022) that provides a cutting edge multidisciplinary doctoral training program dedicated to the design, development and evaluation of personal technologies for affective health bringing together human-computer interaction researchers, biomedical engineers, and clinical psychologists from across Europe.
This candidate will take part of a unique doctoral training program to become the future generation of European researchers who will revolutionise affective health research and improve decentralize health care system through innovative personalised technologies. The PhD candidate would work based on the current frameworks and concepts of PLUX, such as our BITalino and Biosignaslplux multi-sensor data acquisition toolkits and our openSignals® software.
- Candidate will receive the basic Living Allowance which is circa € 3,035.36 gross per month, plus Mobility and Family Allowance.
- Candidates will be selected based on a CV and motivation letter analysis, and remote and local interviews with the company Scientific and Business leads for the shortlisted candidates.
- Additional information (as certificates and recommendation letters) is not mandatory when sending the application, but is highly appreciated for the candidate review process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Ability to design and evaluate electrical systems according to defined requirements, namely on physiological sensors, power management and wireless communication components.
- Design and development of embedded firmware for microcontroller-based medical products.
- Advanced signal processing knowledge (for EMG, EEG, EDA, ECG, BVP, Respiration, Accelerometer, temperature).
- Development of integration APIs and synchronization mechanisms on Wireless sensor networks.
- Good communication capabilities to support the integration of several technologies of the project.
- Experience on the publication of scientific papers.
- The candidate must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project (short stays such as holidays are not counted).
- The candidate must be within 4 years of the diploma granting access to doctorate studies at the time of recruitment and has not yet been awarded the doctorate degree.
- The candidate must work exclusively for the project during the employment contract.
- The candidate must fulfil the conditions to be admitted in the PhD programme indicated in the Job Vacancy.
- The candidate may be of any nationality.
EURAXESS offer ID: 274890
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.