ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementNeurosciences › NeuropsychologyPsychological sciences › Cognitive sciencePsychological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2018 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
The research center for work and consumer psychology is a research center of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), one of the major Belgian universities located in the hearth of Europe, Brussels. Our research interests focus on investigating human behavior while users interact with mobile devices such as smartphone, tablet PCs, virtual and augmented reality...
We are currently conducting extensive research dealing with user experience and affective computing. One of our key research project aims at objectively measuring users’ affective and cognitive states by using cutting-edge technology such as eye-tracking, EEG, GSR and facial expressions recognition. To achieve this goal, we are looking for an all-rounder and motivated junior data scientist.
About the role:
You will join an R&D project and will be the person in charge of analyzing the data and developing new tools.
Here is a breakdown of your duties:
- Analyzing large sets of data using modern programming languages, libraries and tools
- Establishing protocols for effective indicator design and data integration techniques across different data types and sensors, using machine learning techniques.
- Developing and improving data visualization based on modern data visualization techniques.
- Conducting basic and advanced statistical analyses using main languages and software
- Assisting in various research projects
- Analytical skills: ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze, interpret and integrate data information from varied sources into clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication skills: strong writing and data presentation skills, including data visualization.
- Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter: ability to take the initiative and work autonomously.
- Strong team work orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, development work.
- A friendly, supportive and flexible working environment in our Research Center with a young and dynamic team of researchers
- An opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and as well as the freedom to put your own methods in place
- A full-time one year position with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance (shorter term may be considered depending on your skills)
- +/- 40K€ gross / year and an attractive benefits package with additional holiday and end-of-year bonuses.
If you are excited about this opportunity to further develop your data analysis skills, we want to hear from you. Please send the following at email@example.com
- An up to date CV
- A cover letter which explains:
- Your passion for UX and research
- What makes you a stand-out candidate
- Your experience with data analysis
Applications will close on 31/01/2018. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start date: ASAP.
If you want more information about the role, please contact Nicolas Debue by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: GoodENGLISH: Good
A Master’s degree in Psychology and cognitive sciences, Statistics, Data Analysis, Physics or other quantitative fields (1st cycle degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience may also be considered)
Strong programming skills, especially in data analysis using R or Python
Experience with an experimental presentation software such as MATLAB, PsychoPy or E-Prime is a plus
Good command of French and English
Analytical skills: ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze, interpret and integrate data information from varied sources into clear conclusions and recommendations.
Communication skills: strong writing and data presentation skills, including data visualization.
Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Self-starter: ability to take the initiative and work autonomously.
Strong team work orientation and good interpersonal skills.
Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, development work.
EURAXESS offer ID: 270811