ORGANISATION/COMPANYGraz University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Applied chemistryChemistry › Inorganic chemistryChemistry › Instrumental techniquesChemistry › Molecular chemistryChemistry › Physical chemistryChemistry › Structural chemistryEngineering › Materials engineeringTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/02/2018 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Graz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Brief Description.The Post-doctoral Research Fellow will conduct research in the field of an emerging class of hybrid porous materials called Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs). The project focuses on the exploration of new methods for the synthesis, deposition and application of oriented porous crystalline films. The successful candidate is expected to be capable of undertaking research on self-assembly, wet-chemistry, porous and crystalline materials, and related characterization methods.
The Team. The Post-doctoral Research Fellow will be part of a multidisciplinary team with access to range of deposition and characterization facilities. The candidate is expected to be an active member of a highly productive and stimulating environment that can count on an ERC project, a Marie Curie fellowship and other approved financial schemes. Collaborative skills and supervision capabilities are required to train master and PhD students. Communication skills are also required as the Post-doctoral Research Fellow will be part of a network of international collaborators.
Website of the team: https://www.tugraz.at/institute/ptc/research/falcaro-group/
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is now available, and it is for 36-48 months.
How to Apply. In the Cover Letter both Position requirements and Position desirables must be addressed Point-By-Point. Application that do not address these points might be excluded from the evaluation process. Position requirements and desirables are reported as follow:
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in the synthesis of functional nanomaterials.
- Demonstrated experience in the characterization of functional nanomaterials (e.g. X-ray diffraction, spectroscopic and microscopic methods).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for conference presentations and preparation of manuscripts.
- Ability to be an effective team player and interact constructively with students, collaborators, supervisors and funders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the research activities of Bachelor, and Master and PhD students.
- Written and oral communication skills in German.
- Experience on inorganic synthesis and characterisation.
- Basic knowledge of separation technologies.
- Experience of synchrotron data collection and interpretation.
- Experience in securing funding.
Applications should be submitted to marion.hofmeister(at)tugraz.at specifying in the object of the email: Post-Doc Position on Bio-hybrid synthetic systems – Name, surname of the applicant
EURAXESS offer ID: 268237
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.