RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/02/2018 11:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
IIRB Barcelona’s Pre-Award Office, part of the Research & Academic Administration Department, is seeking a Pre-Award Officer.
The Pre-Award office is in charge of providing proactive support to IRB Barcelona community during the applications for competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as for the management of collaborative projects coordinated by the Institute (mainly EU funded).
- Search and provide information on funding opportunities and open calls
- Act as a contact point with granting and donor entities
- Provide full assistance during the whole application and negotiation cycle
- Oversee eligibility criteria, budget compliance, among others
- Prepare and submit proposals
- Negotiate agreements until final acceptance/signature
- Draw up and maintain document databases related to grant applications
Applications for the above opening should include a motivation letter and a complete CV (both in English) and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications:09/02/2018
When the applicants do not meet the requirements, the deadline will be extended.
Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and previous experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Must Have – Required
- University degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Command (spoken and written) of English, Spanish and Catalan
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package (especially Excel)
- Skills: Highly organized and reliable person who pays attention to details and who can work as a team player. Capacity to juggle projects under tight deadlines. High initiative and capacity to work independently.
- ERP (SAP – BO) experience
- Working conditions:Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our established administration team.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 267253