RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/02/2018 11:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
IRB Barcelona seeks an experienced Finacial Project Officer to report to the Head of Finance. The Finance area is being strategically restructured, with this purpose the successful candidate will be in charge of an appropriate global vision of the laboratory area and to coordinate it.
- To ensure the execution of economic reports and justifications.
- To supervise and verify the consistency of research projects performed by the different programmes and laboratories.
- To monitor and advise scientists with research projects.
- To assist with management tasks of competitive funds for research (technical support).
- To assist with other tasks related to project management.
Applications for the above opening should include a letter describing your interest in the position and a complete CV (both in English), and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.comReference: AD/17/05.
Deadline for applications: 09/02/2018.
When the applicants do not fit the requirements, the deadline will be able to be extended.
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Must Have – Required
- Experience: Degree, preferably in Business and Administration. Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Project Officer (national and European projects).
- Knowledge: High level of English, Spanish and Catalan (written & spoken). Advanced user of Microsoft Office package (especially Excel). ERPs (SAP - BO) exposure.
- Skills: Highly organized and reliable person who pays attention to details and team player. Capacity to juggle several projects under tight deadlines. High initiative and autonomy.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Officer (nationals and European projects). Experience handling the ‘H2020’ will be appreciated. Experience managing national projects will be valuable.
- Knowledge: “Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2013-2016” knowledge regarding this filed will be positive valued.
- Skills: Proactivity and versatility will be a plus.
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment:The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 261794