ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Bern & AstraZeneca
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Computational chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2017 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Bern
Sweden › Gothenburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER676434
We currently have one immediate open PhD position funded by an EU project (BIGCHEM) in computational chemistry and data science area. BIGCHEM (BIG data in CHEMistry) is a Marie Skodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) for Early Stage Researchers (ESR) funded by the European Commission under the H2020 Programme. The BIGCHEM ITN provides a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary structured curriculum for doctoral students in large chemical data analysis using machine-learning, computational chemistry and chemoinformatics methods. The innovative research program involves target users, large pharma companies and SMEs, which generate and analyze large chemical data.
The PhD project involves University of Bern (Switzerland) and the computational chemistry group in Discovery Sciences department at AstraZeneca Gothenburg (Sweden) site. The ideal candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Has a diploma and/or a master's degree in Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computer/Data Science or related fields.
- Has a solid background in programming, good knowledge on UNIX/LINUX operating system and an interest in informatics and statistics. Medicinal chemistry knowledge is a plus.
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written/proficiency level).
The deadline for application is 2017, December 31. To apply for this position, please send your CV, copies of academic degrees, and two reference letters via e-mail to:
Prof. Jean-Louis Reymond (email@example.com)
For any inquiry about the project, please contact Prof. Reymond or Dr. Hongming Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Excerpt from the Guide for Applicants for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions:
- Eligibility: Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs)
shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
Date of Recruitment normally means the first day of the employment of the fellow for the purposes of the project (i.e. the starting date indicated in the employment contract or equivalent direct contract).
Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. As far as international European interest organisations or international organisations are concerned, this rule does not apply to the hosting of eligible researchers. However, the appointed researcher must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment at the host organisation.
For refugees under the Geneva Convention (1951 Refugee Convention and the 1967 Protocol), the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as ‘period of residence/activity in the country of the beneficiary’.
Nationals of or residents in some countries, and for particular scientific fields, against which are EU restrictive measures are in place, may be subject to EU sanctions.
The eligibility of ESRs will be determined at the time of their first recruitment in the project.
EURAXESS offer ID: 260724
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.