ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnische Universität Wien
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Quantum mechanics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/06/2020 01:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
The position will be attached to the Atominstitut at the Faculty of Physics and will be limited to 6 years. A focus on experimental research and fundamental questions and systems are envisaged. The topical cooperation with other groups at the Atominstitut and the Faculty of Physics is expected. The purpose of the position is the set up and establishment of an independent research group.
Interesting working environment at a large international institute - English speaking environment - vacation days: 25 days - parental leave possible - other benefits of a public employment in Austria Entry salary is according to the B1 level of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff and corresponds to a minimum of 3.889,5 EUR/Month (14 times a year). After the signature of a qualification agreement, EUR 4.599,60 gross (14x a year).
After the successful achievement of the targets of the qualification agreement, a promotion to Associate Professor, including permanent employment, will happen.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentGERMAN: Good
- PhD in physics at an Austrian university or an corresponding international degree
- proven expertise in the set up of experiments for the production, control and characterisation of quantum systems
- established scientific profile in area of quantum simulation, complex system and materials
- a broad knowledge of and interest in the area of physics at the Faculty of Physics and at the TU Wien
- successful grant applications, e.g. START price (FWF), ERC or similar grants
- several years of international research experience
- international publication record
- presentations on international conferences and workshops
- an active member of the national and international scientific community.
- teaching experience in physics lectures, tutorials and supervision of bachelor and master theses
Please note that the teaching in physics, in particular in the bachelor programme, is predominantly held in German and a corresponding knowledge of German is expected after a transition period.
Please provide the following documents:
- copies of the certificates on the academic degrees
- essay on the performance in scientific research
- essay on the experiences in teaching and supervision
- description on the successful acquisition of research grants
- concept for the planed research and teaching and their contribution to the profile of the faculty and the university
EURAXESS offer ID: 260085
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.