ORGANISATION/COMPANYSt. John of God Foundation for Research and Teaching
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2018 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited States › Dallas
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Fundació Sant Joan de Déu open a Postdoctoral position in collaboration with Asociacion Anita.
- Three years full-time position as post-doc at the Amatruda laboratory at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, to study the mechanisms of resistance of Germ cell tumors in children.
- Independent investigator position upon return to the HSJD laboratory to continue the line of research on germ cell tumors supported by Anita’s foundation (www.asociacionanita.org)
The Amatruda laboratory at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas focuses on solid tumors of children, especially germ cell tumors. The work integrates approaches like zebrafish and mouse genetic models, in vitro work, small-molecule screens and high-resolution genomic studies of these cancers. More information about the lab: http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/amatruda/.
UT Southwestern is one of the US’s premier research institutions. More than 350 independent faculty investigators train > 540 postdoctoral fellows. The faculty includes 5 Nobel laureates, 23 members of the US National Academy of Sciences and 13 Howard Hughes investigators.
First 3 years: James Amatruda laboratory at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, USA.
Subsequently: Developmental Cancer Laboratory. Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. Hospital Sant Joan de Déu. (http://www.fsjd.org/es/biologia-molecular-y-celular-de-los-tumores-del-desarrollo_117032)
If interested, please send a cover letter and the Curriculum vitae indicating the reference 247/17 to the Human Resources department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Dr. Jaume Mora, 2017.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD investigators in the field of biomedicine
- Interest in Cancer biology
- Three years minimum at the James Amatruda laboratory at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas
- Return to the Cancer Laboratory at HSJD to continue the project on Germ cell tumors upon completion of the 3 years post-doctoral time in Texas.
- Commitment with Anita’s Foundation (www.asociacionanita.org) to support activities and fundraising program for the study of Germ cell tumors in childhood.
EURAXESS offer ID: 254747