ORGANISATION/COMPANYTU Wien (Vienna University of Technology)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/11/2017 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/05/2018
As part of a special measure towards increasing female employment in scientific positions and promoting young researchers, the Faculty of Informatics at the TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) invites applications for an Assistant Professor position (tenure track) for women expected to begin on May 2, 2018.
Candidates can apply in any of the Faculty’s main research areas: Computer Engineering, Distributed and Parallel Systems, Logic & Computation, Media Informatics & Visual Computing, as well as Business Informatics (http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/research).
The work contract is initially limited to six years. The candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract.
Duties include research in one of the Faculty’s main research areas (see above) as well as graduate and undergraduate teaching.
The TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) is among the most successful technical universities in Europe and it is Austria’s largest scientific-technical research and educational institution. The Faculty of Informatics, one of the eight faculties at the TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), has an excellent reputation and plays an active role in national and international research.
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications:
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics
- An outstanding research and publication record
- Capacity to raise funds (or to secure research scholarships) on a competitive basis and to manage scientific research projects
- Experience in university teaching and supervising students
- Research experience at different research institutions is an advantage
The Faculty of Informatics offers excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment in a city with an exceptional quality of life.
For information about
- the Faculty of Informatics, go to: www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at
- the five main research areas of the Faculty of Informatics, go to: http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/research
- the TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), go to: www.tuwien.ac.at
Applications should include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A letter of motivation
- A research statement (brief summary of past research activities, as well as a convincing outline of planned research activities, and an explanation of their contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty of Informatics; 5 – 7 pages maximum; incl. abstract)
- Please specify exactly one faculty main research area in which your research activities are based in (http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/research).
- A statement on teaching and supervising students including future plans
- A statement on fundraising capabilities and experience
- Copies of the applicant’s three most important publications
- Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees (copies)
The selection process includes an individual evaluation and a comparative international review of all applicants.
The employment starts as University Assistant with a minimum salary of EUR 3.626,60 gross
(14 × per year) according to the collective bargaining agreement for a PostDoc. After signing the qualification agreement, the employment is as Assistant Professor with a minimum salary of EUR 4.288,80 (14 × per year).
Applications (in English) should be sent to the Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Prof. Dr. Hannes Werthner, in digital form (a single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: November 5, 2017
EURAXESS offer ID: 251320
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.