ORGANISATION/COMPANYKings College London
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Modelling toolsEngineering › Biomedical engineeringMathematics › Computational mathematicsMedical sciences › MedicinePhysics › Computational physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/11/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE06/11/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER764738
We are looking for the 15 excellent candidates to become the innovation leaders in the vision of a “Personalised In-Silico Cardiology” (PIC). We will provide them with a unique opportunity for an exciting 3 year PhD programme coordinated among 10 academic, industrial and clinical institutions, and 9 more associated partners.
We are looking for highly-motivated, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and result-driven candidates, with an excellent academic record and ideally prior research experience. Background either in engineering or biomedical disciplines (check each individual project).
The titles and host institutions of the 15 projects of the PIC fellows are (check eligibility criteria, and the individual deadline for each of them):
- F1: Computational cardiac anatomy: novel shape biomarkers – King’s College of London
- F2: In-silico workbench for sensor acquisition and theraphy optimization – Maastricht University.
- F3: Cellular electrophysiology from electrical body recordings – Universidad de Zaragoza.
- F4: Machine learning of ultrasound data: robust motion and new risk scores – General Electric.
- F5: Cardiac accelerometers – Oslo Universitetssykehus.
- F6: Non-invasive estimation of central blood pressure and flow inefficiencies – King’s College of London.
- F7: Preclinical validation and assessment – Maastricht University.
- F8: Optimization of the choice and configuration of valve prosthesis – FEOPS.
- F9: Personalised HF theraphy with motion sensors and simulations – Medtronic.
- F10: Optimisation of activation patterns during next generation crt pacing – King’s College of London.
- F11: Personalised analysis of drug safety and efficacy – University of Oxford.
- F12: Improved control of cardiac pacemakers in heart failure – Oslo Universitetssykehus.
- F13: Cardiomyopathy under the lens of computer models – University of Oxford.
- F14: Use of non-invasive mapping to treat atrial arrhythmias – Université de Bordeaux.
- F15: Obstructive dilated cardiomyopathy and valve diseases – Hospital Clínic Barcelona.
These positions have a very attractive financial conditions:
- Living allowance (basic gross salary) of €3,110 per month (€37,320/year). Net salary results from deducting all compulsory (employer/employee) social security contributions as well as direct taxes (e.g. income tax) from the gross amounts.
- Moving allowance of €600 per month.
- Optional family allowance of €500 per month.
- Research, travelling and networking budget of €1,800 per month.
Before considering your application check these two requirements:
- Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. As far as international European interest organisations or international organisations are concerned, this rule does not apply to the hosting of eligible researchers. However, the appointed researcher must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment at the host organisation.
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Date of Recruitment normally means the first day of the employment of the fellow for the purposes of the project (i.e. the starting date indicated in the employment contract or equivalent direct contract).
- Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded), even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
Application (CV and letter of motivation) + personal interviews
Further details in http://picnet.eu
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentTechnology: Master Degree or equivalent
Depending on the specific skills of each of the 15 positions, please check the information in http://picnet.eu
EURAXESS offer ID: 245340
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.