ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Ljubljana - FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/11/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovenia › Ljubljana
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
- organization of all activities related to successful administration of assigned courses, following the prescribed syllabus and the state of the art in the topic area: coordination and supervision of other personnel involved with these courses (teaching assistants, technical personnel etc.),
- giving lectures, conducting seminars and other educational activities constituting assigned courses,
- preparation, supervision, administration, and grading of written and oral exams, homework, seminars, and term papers,
- direction of student research and other curricular activities, advising students in their thesis work on Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level,
- scientific research in physics, development of new concepts, theories, and methods,
- obtaining funding from competitive, national and international granting agencies,
- participating in scientific conferences and appropriate professional service activities, publish in appropriate refereed journals,
- other professional activities, related to physics research and education (nostrifications, expert opinions, reviews, etc.).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSLOVENIAN: Good
doctoral degree (PhD) in physics,
The title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor of Physics at the University of Ljubljana, or an equivalent title at a different institution. In the latter case, the contract can be signed either after the equivalence of the titles has been officially recognised, or after the guest professor title has been awarded to the candidate,
knowledge of Slovenian language,
demonstrated teaching experience,
a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, teach and mentor students,
research in the field of low- and medium-energy physics, interdisciplinary
- research work in connection to archeology. Capability of lecturing physics experimental methods in archeometry and restoration.
capability in independent conduction of research projects.
- research in the field of low- and medium-energy physics, interdisciplinary
- research work in connection to archeology.
- Capability of lecturing physics experimental methods in archeometry and restoration.
EURAXESS offer ID: 244921