ORGANISATION/COMPANYBSH Electrodomésticos España, S.A
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/12/2017 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER675063
One Marie Curie ETN Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position is available from September 2017 to work in the field of short/ultra-short pulsed laser micro/nanostructuring of surfaces. These are ESR posts funded by the European Commission as part of the LASER4FUN Marie Curie European Training Network (ETN). This job opening covers research position in the frame of a PhD doctoral programme, resulting in a PhD degree awarded by the University of Zaragoza.
The ESRs will undertake PhD projects focused on the characterization of antibiofilm properties in samples provided by other partners in the consortium. The aim of the LASER4FUN ETN programme is to provide multi-disciplinary research training in advanced laser processing for surface structuring/patterning and in applying this technology for embedding new functionalities in existing and new emerging products. The programme brings together researchers from 6 EU countries, in particular from four Universities, four Research Centres and also three companies.
Duties expected of the role are: (i) to perform original research under the supervision of an academic advisor in the area of surface functionalization applications; (ii) to participate in the activities of the LASER4FUN ETN: attending training workshops, collaborating with network partners, and undertaking periodic secondment placements at LASER4FUN partner organisations; (iii) to register for a PhD with the University of Zaragoza and follow the University Doctoral Training Programmes to attain a PhD degree; (iv) to produce written outputs as required during their PhD studies, and also to contribute to engagement and dissemination activities of the LASER4FUN ETN programme; (v) to present regular progress reports within the supervisory requirements laid down by the BSH and the LASER4FUN ETN programme.
Applicants must also satisfy the eligibility requirements for ESR under the EC Horizon 2020 Innovative Training Network Programme; in particular they should be eligible to be appointed as ESR in Spain – this means:
- To have less than four years research experience after Undergraduate/Masters graduation (this is cumulative research experience and does not include management/industrial or other work experience).
- To not hold a PhD degree (PhD candidates under 4 years of registration and before completion may apply).
- Do not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to their recruitment.
Information about BSH: www.bsh-group.com
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
• Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemistry Engineering or Bio-chemistry or a closely related discipline
• Good knowledge/demonstrated awareness of fundamental aspects of fundamental characterization techniques.
• Experience in using a range of technologies/techniques for surface characterization.
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment and undertake experimental research.
• Excellent analysis skills and an analytical mind-set, as well as excellent communication skills, including written.
• An ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to review and engage with interdisciplinary studies.
• English language proficiency. Basic knowledge of Spanish will be considered.
EURAXESS offer ID: 242686
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.