RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › OtherPharmacological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/09/2017 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
→ Apply until 05/09/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
→ Department FW01 - Pharmaceutics
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ 1 position(s)
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department Pharmaceutics, specifically the following courses: Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology and for the practical exercises “Botanic introduction to Pharmacognosy” and “Pharmaceutical Biotechnology”.
- You will assist in the construction of the service platform ProGenTomics (www.progentomics.be).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or an equivalent degree. A degree in Industrial Pharmacy is an added value. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in fundamental scientific research in the field of Epigenetics more specific the role of histone proteins in this.
- You are willing to take part in service (www.ProGenTomics.be) in which all projects uses mass spectrometry for proteome analysis, framed within a wide range of biological contexts.
- It is recommended to have experience in scientific research in the field of mass spectrometry on proteins, or at least have a relevant theoretical knowledge.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of study results (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dieter Deforce (Dieter.Deforce@UGent.be, +32 09/264 80 67).
EURAXESS offer ID: 239210
Posting organisation offer ID: 103733
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.