RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Computer engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/01/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Lommel
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
You define software architecture for embedded system prototypes in autonomous driving technology research.
Launch autonomous driving in Flanders
You will work on a technology break-through project where autonomous driving functions will be tested on highways in Flanders.
As Software Architect or System Software Architect, you:
- Are responsible for the software architecture for embedded system prototypes;
- Work together with a team of mechatronic research engineers, taking up challenges in vehicle localisation, path planning, detection of moving obstacles, data exchange with other vehicles…;
- Set up, together with the team, a strategy to integrate new intelligent software components (algorithms for autonomous and intelligent options developed in modelling languages);
- Take the lead in the decision-making process about the structure and requirements of software components;
- Are involved from the first conceptual reflections up to the actual real-time implementation (C++…);
- You connect all researchers involved with your helicopter view;
- Have an eye for opportunities offered by the latest software developments and contribute with your ideas to the definition of new research projects.
This video shows how Flanders Make develops autonomous driving technology:
- Great responsibility and great ownership;
- A flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An open work environment.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture and validation
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
- A master’s degree (preferably in a relevant domain such as Software Engineering, Computer Science...);
- Several years of software experience, both in the design of architecture and in its practical realisation;
- Good knowledge of software development languages (C, C++, C#);
- A good overview of the opportunities offered by new software and technology developments and their applications.
- Inspired by new technologies and interested to learn more about machine and/or vehicle dynamics, path planning and motion system simulation and about control, sensing, modelling and decision-making algorithms;
- An initiator;
- Analytically strong and a good conceptual thinker;
- Result-oriented and hands-on;
- Both communicative and a good listener and ready to consider more than one solution;
- A team player who can build lasting relationships in projects with many stakeholders;
- Eager to learn and driven to increase your own expertise and that of your team.
EURAXESS offer ID: 237723
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.