ORGANISATION/COMPANYNavarrabiomed Biomedical Research Centre
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyEconomics › Management studies
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/09/2017 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Pamplona
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2017
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
An opportunity for an experienced project manager in European Funds has arisen in a small growing research centre, Navarrabiomed.
Navarrabiomed. is a biomedical research centre of the Government of Navarre that promotes and facilitates research of public healthcare professionals. At present, biomedical research is organised into 9 of its own groups that carry out their activities on the centre premises and 26 linked groups that cooperate and benefit from the critical mass it generates, but which perform their research activities in other facilities of the Health Department. All the groups pursue a common aim: to be at the forefront of knowledge in order to obtain and implement new therapies and treatments to improve the well-being of citizens as part of a sustainable health system.
This is a key and challenging role as you will be responsible for seeking funds for research & innovation within the Public Health Sector. The post holder will provide a range of advice, support and project management services for seeking funds in the EU funding framework as well as to provide support to EU funded projects where Navarrabiomed plays a role. The post holder will work under the supervision of the Head of Project Management and report to the Head of Project Management.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To seek and identify adequate sources of funding for biomedical research
- To disseminate information on European funding of interest to research groups at Navarrabiomed.
- To provide specialist advice & support to researchers in terms of writing and submitting a proposal
- To act as the interface between the European Commission, project Steering Committees, project partner organisations, third parties and scientific management teams
- To act as the focal point both for receiving reports, comments and project funds from the European Commission and partners as well as for distributing and disseminating these further as and when necessary;
- To assist researchers in writing proposals before submission to funders
- To collect information from partners, processing of written inputs and background documents
- To work in close collaboration with projects’ Coordinators, scientific managers, and scientific teams
- To check and monitor budget expenditure both at project and partner organisations’ level;
- To carefully check and monitor of all aspects of the projects’ contractual documentation. The effective management of knowledge generated by the project will be of particular importance, covering issues such as the use and exploitation of Intellectual Property during the project and the management of related Intellectual Property Rights;
- To generate and submit amendments to the projects’ Grant Agreements and Consortium Agreements, and to draft other agreements as required;
- To assist in the preparation of detailed interim and final reports, as outlined in the projects’ EC Grant Agreements;
- To maintain a full awareness of Navarrabiomed’s policies in relation to broader research and innovation related issues;
- To provide specialist advice and support to the Research Administration section on specific EC-funded projects;
- To liaise with European Commission officials at the negotiation, contract implementation and reporting stages.
- To support the work of the Head of Project Management as and when necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Bachelor Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalentOther: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
Job criteria: Key requirements:
The position will suit candidates with experience of funding project management, particularly multi-partners international EU funded collaborative projects and knowledge of EU Framework Programme funding (Horizon 2020 & Structural Funds).
- A degree level qualification
- Experience of project management or equivalent
- Understanding of EU funding and project reporting
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail.
- Languages: fluent in Spanish & English
- experience working within a research environment
- demonstrable experience in raising funds
- demonstrable experience in managing issues related to Intellectual Property
- Languages: French
- good communicator, with good written and oral skills
- competent at standard office software packages
- an eye for detail with strong numeracy skills
- project support or equivalent experience
- good team worker and also able to work with minimal supervision
- proactive and self-motivated attitude.
- Driven licence
- Availability to travel
- experience interacting with researchers, ideally in an international context
- experience of EU project reporting
- experience working in distributed teams
- ability to undertake national and international travel as required
EURAXESS offer ID: 237093
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.