RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2017 22:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Dublin
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
Post Title: Research Fellow in Polymer science and nanofabrication
Post Status: Fixed Term (full-time); 2 years
Research Group / Department / School CRANN/School of Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
Location: Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Reports to: Dr Parvaneh Mokarian, Principal Investigator
Salary: Appointment will be made on the appropriate point of the IUA Post-Doctorate Researcher Level 1 or 2 salary scale in line with government pay policy [€32,000 to €36,000 per annum], appointment will be made no higher than point [2.1].*
Closing Date: 12 noon (Irish Standard Mean Time), 15th August 2017
*Candidates who fulfil certain eligibility requirements, once in the position, will have the opportunity to apply to transform their role into a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship on the EDGE Programme, with additional supports and potential for increased salary. Further details of the EDGE scheme are available on www.edge-research.eu and by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Polymer Research Group, led by Dr Parvaneh Mokarian, is currently seeking a Research Fellow with significant practical experience in polymer films and block copolymers for fabrication of nanostrcutures for optics applications. The post is available from 1st September 2017 (or as soon thereafter as possible) for 2 years.
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related discipline in polymers field
- Surface nanopatterning and nanofabrication using self-assembly techniques such as block copolymer mediated self-assembly or relevant techniques
- Design and fabrication of devices based on self-assembled structures
- It’s desirable that the post-doctoral applicants to this post have direct industry research experience or have worked with industry to develop real products.
- well-organised and self-motivated with excellent oral and communication skills reporting to industry partners
The Research Fellow will be based at in in AMBER Centre in Centre for Research for Adaptive Nanomaterials and Nanodevices (CRANN) Institute, Trinity College Dublin. The centre centralises cutting-edge microscopy activities in Ireland.
EURAXESS offer ID: 236920
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.