ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropology › EthnologyHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/08/2017 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2017
Tasks to be undertaken
- research projects in accordance with the research programme set by the Scientific Council of the Institute
- submission of at least one scientific publication during first year of employment
- submission of at least one application for research project funds during first year of employment
- participation in main tasks of the Institute
- participation in popularization of activities and research of the Institute
Basic maternity leave 20 weeks (6 of these may be used ante partum, and 6 may be used by father if his social security allows. In case of multiple birth basic maternity leave is longer and dependent on number of children (eg. for twins - 33 weeks), after that parental leave, which can be used by either of parents (depending on their social security) is 32 to 34 weeks depending on number of children. During the maternity leave the parent receives 100% of her/his original wage, while during the parental leave she/he receives 60%, but mothers, who decide at once to stay with the child for 1 year receive 80% for all that time. Vacation is 36 work days
To take part in the competition the candidate has to fulfil conditions prescribed by the Law of Polish Academy of Sciences of 30th April 2010 (with later modifications).
Basic eligibility criterion is to possess the degree of doctor in the field of archaeology, preferred specializaton: archaeology of Islam
Applicants should submit to the Secretary of the Institute
Pałac Staszica, ul. Nowy Świat 72 p. 327, 00-330 Warszawa
e-mail acceptable in form of secured *.pdf documents) the following:
1) Application addressed to the Director of the Institute,
2) Scientific CV
3) Personal questionnaire (English version available at e-mail request)
4) Copy (certified as being a true copy) of M.A. diploma and PhD diploma or equivalent. In case of countries of origin whose documents of that type are not mutually recognized on basis of international agreements or the Prague Convention, a nostrification note issued by appropriate authorities according to Polish Law is necessary.
5) List of published works, including number of pages and publishing house;
6) Plan of research and publications for one year
7) Commitment, that in case of acceptance, the Institute will become the principal employee and the agreement to be included in the "N" quota of employees will be signed by applicant.
Interview at the Institute: 17th August 2017, starting at 13:00 Warsaw time, possible interview via Skype..
Request for interview via Skype communicator should be sent, together with applicants' Skype name to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 day in advance of the interview.
Regulations of competitions for scientific position at the Institute are available at request on e-mail address.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropology › Ethnology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentARABIC: BasicPOLISH: Basic
Competence to conduct comparative ethnographical research
Working in archaeology of modern and contemporary Egypt; archaeology of Islam, ethnoarchaeology
- experience in work on archaeological sites (preferred experience by excavating in Egypt);
- experience in work on archaeological sites of modern and contemporary date
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 233767